Nurse Unit Manager
Job no: 559002
Work type: Full time
Location: Sunshine Coast University Private Hospital
Categories: Management, Nursing - Registered
Nurse Unit Manager
Sunshine Coast University Private Hospital, Birtinya
- Excellent opportunity for a nurse to step into a leadership role – Permanent Full time
- We care about YOU! Access counselling, wellbeing services, legal & financial assistance
- Enjoy benefits such as paid parental leave, study leave and the option to purchase additional annual leave.
About the Role
We are seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Nurse Unit Manager for our acute Surgical Ward comprising of Urology, General Surgery, Colorectal, Robotic Colo-Rectal, Gynaecological, ENT for both adults and children, Bariatric, Breast & Endocrine + Reconstruction surgery and some over flow orthopaedic cases.
This is a perfect opportunity for a senior nurse to step up into a management role and build your clinical leadership skillset.
- As the Nurse Unit Manager, you will be responsible for the day-to-day operational clinical management with a focus on quality and patient safety, staff development and providing support to staff whilst ensuring a high standard of clinical practice is maintained.
- This position holds a key senior nursing leadership and management role which will see you work closely with the Director of Clinical Services to achieve organisational goals.
Skills & Experience
- Relevant registration with AHPRA
- Minimum 5 years post graduate experience in acute surgical nursing
- Proven commitment to a team environment
- Passionate about quality improvement and education.
- Previous management experience
About the Hospital
Sunshine Coast University Private Hospital, on the beautiful Sunshine Coast Queensland, is an acute care facility offering a range of services. The hospital is owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics. Join Australia’s largest private health care provider!
Ramsay Health Care is committed to Child Safety. Details of our commitment are set out in our Code of Conduct, available at www.ramsayhealth.com
- Extensive Professional development programs including Post-graduate and Formal Education Scholarships
- Access our flexible work opportunities and have a say in your roster times
- Discounts off hospital and extras private health insurance - you’ll pay less for hospital cover and receive a higher extras limit for things like General and Major Dental
- Hospital, Allied Health & Pharmacy discounts
- Salary sacrifice opportunities
- Corporate rates on Hertz car rentals
- Recognition and rewards programs
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online.
Applications made by recruitment agencies will not be considered.
Everyone who joins Ramsay:
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19, a vaccine approved by the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases.
If you have any enquiries regarding this opportunity please do not hesitate to reach out to Kylie Austin, Assistant Director of Clinical Services via email at AustinK@ramsayhealth.com.au
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend