Administration / Theatre Bookings Officer
Job no: 559199
Work type: Full time, Part time
Location: Northern Private Hospital
Categories: Administration/Support Services
Administration / Theatre Bookings Officer
Full time or min 3 days part time (Monday-Saturday)
The Northern Private is a brand-new Ramsay Hospital highlighting the best of patient care and digital transformation.
About the Role
Joining our team in this role at our NEW hospital will see you provide comprehensive customer focused service to our surgeons, medical officers, anaesthetists, nurses, staff and secretaries. You will be responsible for all bookings and administrative duties related to the Day of Surgery Admissions Unit and Operating Theatres.
Key responsibilities of this job include (but are not limited to):
- Management of the administration of the Theatre bookings flow
- Coordinating all requirements for surgeon’s theatre list
- Joining our team in this opportunity will see you provide administrative support to our theatre complex and scheduling team.
To succeed in this role, you will be an enthusiastic individual with a passion for customer service. The ability to converse and be empathetic while managing a busy flow of incoming and outgoing patients is a key skill needed for this role. You will have strong communication and interpersonal skills and should be comfortable working in a team of doctors, nurses, medical professionals, administrators and non-clinical staff.
This role will suit an individual with proven medical administration experience.
You will also bring:
- Intermediate-advanced skills utilising the Microsoft office suite with ability to maintain data entry accuracy
- Previous experience in theatre or hospital bookings (highly desirable)
- Experience using Patient Information Systems (highly desirable i.e. Meditech)
- Certificate in Medical Terminology (Desirable)
- Experience in hospital mainframe systems (Desirable)
- A professional phone manner with experience managing incoming and outgoing calls
- Proven ability to work in a customer service focused environment.
Northern Private Hospital will be a premier, state of the art facility. Located in the Riverlee New Epping precinct, 18km north of Melbourne’s CBD, the hospital will open in early 2024.
Northern Private Hospital will ensure the growing and diverse community can access high quality private health care, it will support the busy co-located public health system, and provide Specialists and healthcare professionals new opportunities in an expanding market.
The hospital is owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 72 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. We have been focused on delivering high-quality patient care and practicing the Ramsay Way philosophy of ‘People Caring for People’ since 1972.
Ramsay Health Care is committed to Child Safety. Details of our commitment are set out in our Code of Conduct, available at www.ramsayhealth.com
What’s in it for you!!!
- Work in a NEW state of the art facility!
- Access our flexible work opportunities
- A great work culture and a friendly and supportive team
- Flexible Leave Program: purchase additional annual leave
- Free access to 18,000 upskilling courses via a LinkedIn learning subscription
- Professional development programs
- Post-graduate and Formal Education Scholarships
- Study leave
- Discounts off hospital and extras private health insurance - you’ll pay less for hospital cover and receive a higher extras limit for things like General and Major Dental
- Hospital, Allied Health & Pharmacy discounts
- Paid parental leave
- Recognition and rewards programs
- Community service leave
- Employee Assistance Program
All applications must be lodged online.
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19 a vaccine approved by the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months.
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases.
Applications close: 24th November 2023
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend