Theatre Technician- Casual
Job no: 559352
Work type: Casual
Location: Mitcham Private Hospital
Categories: Clinical Support - Technician/Orderley
- Casual opportunity available!
- A great work culture and a friendly and supportive team
- Excellent career growth opportunities.
The Theatre Department at Mitcham Private Hospital is seeking an experienced and adaptive Theatre Technician to join our team and provide exceptional care to patients.
This position will suit an enthusiastic individual with strong communication skills and ability to thrive on being a part of a busy theatre department. You will be working alongside a diverse team of doctors, nurses and non-clinical staff.
This will involve, but is not limited to:
- Providing a safe care to our surgical patients
- Organizing specific equipment for operation lists/cases
- Supporting health care professionals in the Theatre environment
- Sourcing instruments and equipment from other hospitals to ensure the set up for the following day are complete
Your Skills and Experience
- Experience working in a hospital setting is highly desirable
- Certificate III in Operating Theatre Technician Practice or previous experience is essential
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required
- Effective interpersonal communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work effectively and according to directions
$32.88 - 34.71 + superannuation based on experience level and qualifications, exclusive of penalties or allowances.
Mitcham Private Hospital provides crucial clinical services for Melbourne’s outer eastern communities and are operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 72 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
Ramsay Health Care is committed to Child Safety. Details of our commitment are set out in our Code of Conduct, available at www.ramsayhealth.com
Why Choose a Ramsay Career?
- Be part of a caring and constructive organisation culture
- Have your unique strengths recognised and valued!
- Free access to LinkedIn Learning – over 18,000 courses to advance your professional education
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Be supported to grow your career through professional development opportunities
- Employee recognition and rewards programs
- Interested in upskilling? Access clinical, managerial & leadership programs!
- Access counselling, wellbeing services, legal and financial assistance
- Hospital, Allied Health & Pharmacy discounts
*Casual employees may not be able to access all benefits
How to apply
All applications must be lodged online.
Applications made by recruitment agencies will not be considered.
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19 a vaccine approved by the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases.
For enquiries, please contact Katherine Rance, Nurse Unit Manager
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend