Ward Clerk Maternity Ward
Job no: 559370
Work type: Part time
Location: North Shore Private Hospital
Categories: Administration/Support Services
- Permanent part-time position
- Thursday and Friday 8:00am to 16:00pm with the ability to cover holiday and sick leave
- Have your unique strengths recognised and valued!
North Shore Private Hospital is searching for an experienced and adaptive Ward Receptionist to join our team and work across our Maternity Ward.
Within this position you will be responsible for performing administrative duties within the department such as discharging and transferring patients, filing, booking appointments and general reception duties.
Your Skills and Experiences
To succeed in this role, you will have excellent communication skills and professional phone manner. You will be a committed team player with efficient and accurate data entry skills.
You will also demonstrate:
- Computer literacy including Microsoft Office suite programs and Patient Management Systems essential
- Experience either in a medical administration setting or a patient-facing role highly desirable
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain good working relations with others
- High degree of attention to detail and accuracy
- Proven organisational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks
- Customer Service experience
A base hourly rate from $29.62 + superannuation based on experience level and qualifications.
Why Choose a Ramsay Career?
We believe our people are our most important asset. That is why we work hard to foster a positive, supportive and inclusive culture across Ramsay Health Care.
Ramsay has a great range of employee benefits including:
- Employee Assistance Program - access free counselling and wellbeing services 24/7
- Flexible Leave Program: purchase additional annual leave
- Discounts off selected hospital and extras private health insurance - you’ll pay less for hospital cover and receive a higher extras limit for things like General and Major Dental
- Hospital, Allied Health & Pharmacy discounts
- Salary sacrifice opportunities e.g., airport lounge membership, self-education expenses, novated leasing and more
- Extensive Professional development programs including Post-graduate and Formal Education Scholarships
- Flexible work opportunities – have a say in your roster times
- Corporate discounts for leisure travel with selected Hotels
- Discounts on personal care hire from Hertz
- National scholarship program available to support your career progression
- Free access to LinkedIn Learning – over 18,000 courses to advance your professional education
*Casual employees may not be eligible for all benefits listed above
North Shore Private Hospital is a 313-bed acute surgical and obstetric facility which performs most surgical specialties including cardiothoracic, neurosurgery, orthopaedics, advanced general and colorectal, urology, spinal surgery, paediatrics and Robotic Surgery. Our hospital offers the latest in cardiac technology combined with first-class standards of accommodation. The theatre complex consists of 17 operating theatres which includes one hybrid theatre and a 25 bay PACU.
Everyone who joins Ramsay:
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19, a vaccine approved by the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases.
All applications must be lodged online. Applications made by recruitment agencies will not be considered.
For enquiries, please contact Sally Wells, Front Office Manager
Applications Close: Monday 4th December
Ramsay Health Care is committed to Child Safety. Details of our commitment are set out in our Code of Conduct, available at www.ramsayhealth.com
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend