Perioperative Services Associate Nurse Unit Manager
Take your skills to the next level as part of the Ramsay Team! A key leadership opportunity in a permanent full-time or part-time role. Work alongside a diverse team and provide care and a safe environment for Theatre patients.
About the role
- An outstanding opportunity exists for an experienced Registered Nurse to be part of the leadership team, reporting to the Perioperative Services Manager.
- You will be part of a dynamic and supportive leadership team that creates positive culture and excellent patient outcomes.
- The ideal candidate will be motivated and have at least a minimum of 3 years perioperative experience, sound clinical knowledge in this area and a commitment to the delivery of excellence in patient care.
- You will facilitate the smooth operation of the perioperative department, with a positive, proactive attitude and a strong customer service focus
- Apply advanced nursing practices in planning, implementing and evaluating care in accordance with National Safety and Quality Health Service Standards.
- Provide a support role to all members of the nursing team, acting as a role model and resource person within the clinical area.
- You will provide leadership and direction to complement the strategic direction, operational processes, budget and business direction of the unit and hospital.
Essential Selection Criteria:
- Registered Nurse with current full AHPRA registration
- Minimum of 3 years clinical perioperative experience
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience of Anaesthetic nursing, and Post Anaesthetic Care of both adults and paediatric patients, with sound knowledge of the ACORN Standards
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously
- Ability to ensure excellence in customer service
- Advanced problem solving skills and negotiation skills with the ability to think critically and prioritise workloads
- Strong desire to successfully enhance team performance and experience
- Post graduate qualification in the appropriate specialty – Perioperative PACU/ Anaesthetics or Critical Care( desirable )
$ 53.22- $ 54.98+ superannuation based on experience level and qualifications, exclusive of penalties or allowances. (VIC Associate Nurse Unit Manager gr1-gr3) [FTE $105,164.80 - $ 108,636.84
About the hospital
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia's largest and most respected operator of private hospitals, Linacre Private Hospital is an acute 62-bed Surgical and Medical hospital situated in the bayside suburb of Hampton in Victoria.
The Hospital has 3 Operating Theatres, 2 Procedure Rooms, a Day Surgery unit, and a 4 bed High Dependency unit. It also offers on-site Radiology and Pathology services, Physiotherapy services and busy specialist consulting suites. A comprehensive range of services is offered including Breast Surgery, ENT, Gastrointestinal Surgery, General Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery, Plastic Surgery, Urology and Vascular Surgery. Linacre Private Hospital has established an excellent reputation in the community for its high commitment to customer service, staff satisfaction and quality improvement.
What’s in it for you?
Professional Advancement: Recognition, Rewards, Professional Development, and Employee referral programs. Free access to LinkedIn Learning, education scholarships and the Ramsay Leadership Academy to support career progression.
Discounts: Hospital, Allied Health & Pharmacy discounts - you’ll pay less for hospital cover and receive higher extras limits for things like General and Major Dental.
Health and Wellbeing: Flexible work opportunities with the ability to have a say in your roster, Flexible Leave Program, and a free Employee Assistance Program offering access to confidential counselling, coaching and support.
Leisure/Social/Financial: Discounts for leisure travel with selected Hotels, salary sacrifice opportunities e.g., airport lounge membership, self-education expenses, novated leasing and more.
*Please note casual employees may not be eligible for all benefits.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Applications made by recruitment agencies will not be considered.
Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application.
Everyone who joins Ramsay:
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19 a vaccine approved by the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases.
Ramsay Health Care is committed to Child Safety. Details of our commitment are set out in our Code of Conduct, available at www.ramsayhealth.com
All enquiries can be addressed to Michelle Krotwaar, Perioperative Services Manager