North West Private Hospital has a fantastic leadership opportunity for an experienced Clinical Nurse to join the Special Care Nursery Unit on a permanent full time or part-time basis.
- Hone your skills as part of our dedicated, multi-disciplinary team
- Make a difference! Be an essential part of our team providing high quality services to our patients.
Working collaboratively within a supportive team of clinicians, this position will see you act as a professional resource within the unit, demonstrating a broad knowledge in all facets of caring for people.
This role will require you to:
- Ensure the department is safe, effective and follows best practice
- Supervising and supporting staff within the unit
- Participate in Quality improvement Programs in line with organisational and departmental strategic plans.
Your ability to supervise, lead, direct and motivate staff to achieve outcomes, and your well-developed planning, prioritisation and time management skills are critical for this role. Further to this, you will demonstrate a good work ethic that includes punctuality, integrity, respect for others and a commitment to professional practice.
Key Skills and Experience
- Relevant Midwifery Qualification and APHRA Registration
- Minimum 5 years senior Special Care Nursery
- A passion for mentoring junior team members and positively influencing their performance
- Post graduate qualification in specialty area desirable but not essential
- Strong organisational skills
- Demonstrated risk management and OH&S
- Ability to work a 7-day rotating roster
- Understanding of scope of practice
- Ability to manage designated portfolio and display sound leadership skills
- Demonstrated knowledge/experience in accreditation processes, clinical indicators and other quality projects.
- NICU experience desirable
$52.86 - $56.83 + superannuation based on experience level and qualifications, exclusive of penalties or allowances. (QLD Clinical Nurse/Midwife Level 2 gr1-gr4) [$104,451.36 - $112,296.08]
About the Hospital
North West Private Hospital, owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, is a 150-bed hospital situated in the northern leafy suburbs of Brisbane. North West provides a wide range of health services including Urology, Colorectal Surgery, Day Oncology, Medical General and Plastic Surgery, Surgical Dermatology, Vascular, Breast and Endocrine Surgery, ENT, Orthopaedics, Obstetrics and Women's Health and Paediatrics.
What’s in it for you?
Professional Advancement: Recognition, Rewards, Professional Development, and Employee referral programs. Free access to LinkedIn Learning, education scholarships and the Ramsay Leadership Academy to support career progression.
Discounts: Hospital, Allied Health & Pharmacy discounts - you’ll pay less for hospital cover and receive higher extras limits for things like General and Major Dental.
Health and Wellbeing: Flexible work opportunities with the ability to have a say in your roster, Flexible Leave Program, and a free Employee Assistance Program offering access to confidential counselling, coaching and support.
Leisure/Social/Financial: Discounts for leisure travel with selected Hotels, salary sacrifice opportunities e.g., airport lounge membership, self-education expenses, novated leasing and more.
*Please note casual employees may not be eligible for all benefits.
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases, which may include Covid-19.
All applications must be lodged online. Applications made by recruitment agencies will not be considered.
Ramsay Health Care is committed to Child Safety. Details of our commitment are set out in our Code of Conduct, available at www.ramsayhealth.com
Enquires - Kim Pickering Nurse Unit Manager - PickeringK@ramsayhealth.com.au