Receptionist/ Admissions Clerk
- Utilise your Administration experience to grow your career across our National Network!
Join us and we will:
- Value your strengths
- Appreciate your contribution
- Support you to learn and grow
About the Role
Reporting to the General Administration Manager, the successful applicant will be required to provide a high standard of customer service directly to our patients and work effectively as part of a team to perform all administrative duties within the Main Reception and Admissions Department, including pre-admitting patients and accurately entering their admissions into Meditech. We use Meditech to make surgical bookings and training in this will be provided to the successful applicant.
The positions we are looking to fill are a Permanent Part Time role starting at 24hrs/week, with the opportunity to flex up to possibly Full Time Hours, and a casual role to cover upcoming staff leave.
The suitable applicant will also have the opportunity to move into Administration within other Departments of the hospital such as our Cancer Centre, Private Practice and Day Surgery Reception.
To succeed in this role, you will be a proactive professional with a high level of attention to detail and the capability to effectively manage your time throughout the day without supervision. You will be committed to quality improvement and ideally have experience as a medical receptionist/admission clerk.
These are high pressured departments and requires someone who has had experience with multiple patient management systems and can be implemented in a number of different areas within the department to cover periods of leave and/or absence. You will also have the following:
- Demonstrated administrative skills, preferable in a health care environment
- Previous health or medical services experience
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required
- Strong customer service skills and a commitment to excellence
- Demonstrated time management, initiative, and problem solving abilities
- High level of computer skills within the Microsoft Office Suite and strong skills in IT
- Experience working with Meditech or other patient management systems would be an advantage
- Previous experience in a medical administrative / reception position or admission clerk role
- Certificate in Medical Terminology
Grade 3 – 4 $ 31.36 - $33.64 + superannuation based on experience level and qualifications, exclusive of penalties or allowances.
About our Hospital
Southern Highlands Private Hospital provides 73 acute medical and surgical beds, as well as an extensive range of onsite rehabilitation and palliative care services for the community and beyond to the regional and rural areas. The Hospital has 4 Operating Theatres, a Procedure Room, Day Surgery Unit and Day Oncology Unit. The hospital is located in the peaceful and picturesque town of Bowral adjacent to the public hospital. It is conveniently 1 ½ hours from Sydney,1 ¾ hours from Canberra and 55 minutes from the South Coast.
What’s in it for you?
Professional Advancement: Recognition, Rewards, Professional Development, and Employee referral programs. Free access to LinkedIn Learning, education scholarships and the Ramsay Leadership Academy to support career progression.
Discounts: Hospital, Allied Health & Pharmacy discounts - you’ll pay less for hospital cover and receive higher extras limits for things like General and Major Dental.
Health and Wellbeing: Flexible work opportunities with the ability to have a say in your roster, Flexible Leave Program, and a free Employee Assistance Program offering access to confidential counselling, coaching and support.
Leisure/Social/Financial: Discounts for leisure travel with selected Hotels, salary sacrifice opportunities e.g., airport lounge membership, self-education expenses, novated leasing and more.
*Please note casual employees may not be eligible for all benefits.
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases, which may include Covid-19.
All applications must be lodged online. Applications made by recruitment agencies will not be considered.
Ramsay Health Care is committed to Child Safety. Details of our commitment are set out in our Code of Conduct, available at www.ramsayhealth.com
To discuss this opportunity, please contact:
Brooke Stopher – General Administration Manager Email: StopherB@ramsayhealth.com.au