Maintenance Electrician - Port Hedland
Job no: 492297
Work type: Full time
Categories: Trades and Services
Qube is an ASX top 100 company and one of Australia’s largest integrated providers of import and export logistics services. We operate in over 100 locations across Australia and New Zealand with a workforce in excess of 6,500 people.
Qube Bulk counts as its customers some of the best known and leading mining and resources companies in Australia and has won a reputation for providing a cost effective, reliable and quality service to our customers.
We are seeking experienced heavy industrial electricians to work in the Port Hedland area on a Monday to Friday roster, This roll will predominantly provide electrical support to the UTAH point Port Facility but will include Eastern Harbour wharf, Qube Transport depot, Qube camp, Wedgefield Lithium operation and Dampier salt.
The role is offered on a residential basis living in the town of Port Hedland. A housing allowance and Vehicle is provided. The operations work a 24/7, to meet the needs of the business the successful applicant will need to be flexible with rosters for when shift work is required. Travel to remote locations may be required on an occasional basis.
Some leading hand experience is desirable but not essential as this roll involves scoping planning and executing small projects with in our business. Successful applicant will be required to engage and manage his or her own contractors as well as order parts and materials as required. Qube are required to have an electrical nominee on site at Utah Point available, there will be a requirement to step up to fill for the electrical supervisor’s position as required.
- Carry out scheduled electrical servicing, maintenance and inspections
- Maintain records on servicing, maintenance and repairs
- Carry out repairs as directed and parts change outs
- Attend breakdowns and make unscheduled repairs as needed
- Communicate effectively with drivers and plant operators
- Order parts using order numbers and listed suppliers
- Identify and record deficiencies relating to products and services.
- Manage contractors safely and effectively
- Identify areas of improvement and implement effective change
- Actively participate in maintaining our safety culture and procedures
- Provide coverage for the electrical supervisor.
- Strong electrical aptitude
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to work safely in a regulated environment
- Ability to read electrical drawings
- Ability to fault find and repair Breakdowns in a timely manner.
The following Experience is desirable
- Maintaining and repairing fixed plant.
- Heavy industry materials handling or mining environment
- Maintaining repairing variable speed drives
- Proficient with Citect & PLC (Modicon experience preferred but not essential)
- Repair & maintenance of Radar level transmitters, lasers, Mobotix CCTV network
- Data and communications experience is highly desirable.
Qualifications & Licences
- A grade Western Australian electrical worker license (mandatory)
- C Class driving licence, (Mandatory)
- First aid and CPR (Mandatory)
- High rick work license ( EWP, Forklift )
- Current Working at heights
- Current confined space
- HV switching
Qube values diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
If you would like the opportunity to join one of the fastest growing Ports, Transport and Logistics companies in Australia then please click on the "Apply" button and complete our online application form.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend