Systems and Maintenance Manager
Job no: 492329
Work type: Full time
Categories: Engineering, Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics
Qube is an ASX top 100 company and one of Australia’s largest integrated providers of import and export logistics services. We operate in over 100 locations across Australia and New Zealand with a workforce in excess of 6,500 people.
Qube Ports is the major integrated port solutions provider in Australia, with services and facilities in over 28 Australian Ports, together with cargo storage, materials handling and distribution operations in all Australian states. This allows us to lead the market in providing purpose designed solutions for our customers handling containers, bulk, automotive and general cargo.
Based in Head Office overlooking Sydney’s Barangaroo precinct and reporting to the Director of Ports, the responsibilities of the role will oversee maintenance and renewal activities for a comprehensive and diverse equipment portfolio. The position requires a hands-on/ operational approach which you will have from your experience with managing large plant or truck fleets. This position will also be heavily involved in the creation and implementation of future innovation strategies for the improvement of the business. Please be aware that interstate travel will be required in this position.
- Conduct asset reviews across all sites to identify what current assets are fit for purpose and provide value for money
- Develop and maintain a Ports Asset Register and/or update any National Asset Registers
- Identify Lease/Rent/Purchase options for revenue improvement
- ‘Sweat’ or divest any current non-performing assets to reduce costs of increase revenue/margin at no financial loss to the business
- Highlight underperforming assets and seek out new opportunities or reposition in other ports
- Consider automated systems to assist asset management (ie RFID tagging, Asset or Transport equipment management systems)
- Reduce the Manage the Repair maintenance spend across the Ports Division by 10%
- Oversee and support the operating units in effective utilisation of the Equipment Management system (Mainpac)
- Ensure all OEM recommendations are being adhered to with regard to the operation and maintenance to achieve acceptable levels of machinery/ equipment availability.
- Monitor scheduled and unscheduled maintenance activities
- Review preventative maintenance (PM) procedures and implement through the CMMS (Mainpac)
- Supporting the management of the maintenance planning process and ensuring resources/ parts are in place and correctly ordered as per the Equipment life plan
- Review the monthly key performance indicators including costs, equipment availability and maintenance data and make recommendations to the operating Manager
- Undertake analysis of Mainpac data to inform procurement, utilisation and maintenance requirements
- Establish and monitor contract maintenance arrangements
- Co-ordinate training for Site Maintenance employees on the usage of Mainpac
- Undertake investigations for any major incidents involving machinery/ equipment.
- Ensure monthly reporting is undertaken across the business and corrective actions are implemented
- Meet with Director and other key staff to discuss new and innovative ideas for the business and their needs
The key skills and attributes required for this role include:
- Qualifications in Engineering (Mechanical)
- Minimum of five years in Maintenance Management ideally in a transport or logistics environment (desirable)
- Experience working in a continuous improvement environment
- Management of contract maintenance providers
- Possess strong analytical/ fault finding skills with the ability to read and understand complex schematics
- Highly developed communication skills
- Computer skills with a good understanding of word and excel programme
Qube values diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
If you would like the opportunity to join one of the fastest growing Ports, Transport and Logistics companies in Australia then apply for this great role today.
Previous applicants need not apply.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend