Container Repairer / Welder
Job no: 492371
Work type: Full time
Categories: Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics
Qube is an ASX TOP 100 Company and one of Australia 's largest integrated providers of import and export logistics integrated providers of import and export logistics services. We operate in over 100 locations across Australia with a workforce in excess of 6,500 people.
Qube is Australia’s largest integrated provider of import and export logisticsservices with a market capitalization in excess of $3.75 billion as at 30 June2017. We operate in over 100 locations across Australia and New Zealand with a workforce of over 6,500 employees and contractors.
Qube Logistics operates across 48 sites nationally, covering over 210 hectares of land with 2 corporate administrative offices based in Melbourne and Sydney. Over 3,000 full time employees support these operations with qualified and experienced staff across all services offered.
Qube has positions vacant for a Container Repairer/Welder to commence as soon as possible.
- Conducts Safety checks on compactors and containers.
- Utilising Oxyacelylene Cutter to cut through containers and metal sheets
- Load/Unload assembly parts and/or materials from containers
- Replacing Wooden flooring in containers
- Performs regular container inspections
- Performs minor repairs and applies basic welding processes
- Cleaning containers with a high pressure hose
- Opening and closing containers
- Performs preventive maintenance inspections, diagnostic and repairs of electronic and hydraulic systems
- Complete all necessary associated documentation
- Take good care of containers under your care
- Ensure compliance with all safety requirements.
- Maintain a clean an safe working area
Qualifications and Experience
- 2 years container welding experience
- Familiar with Container repair terminology
- Have onsite experience welding large and small Containers
- Ability to work autonomously using proactive approach to task resolution
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to work in a demanding environment
- Ability to work well within a small team environment
- Regular Drug and Alcohol testing conducted
- Must be fit for work with a good level of fitness and general health
A licence history printout required as well as a full functional pre-employment medical assessment.
Qube values diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from people of all genders, ages and backgrounds.
If you would like the opportunity to join one of the fastest growing Ports, Transport and Logistics companies in Australia then apply for this great role today
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend