Auto Electrician - Port Hedland
Job no: 492386
Work type: Full time
Categories: Trades and Services
Qube is an ASX top 100 company and one of Australia’s largest integrated providers of import and export logistics services. We operate in over 100 locations across Australia and New Zealand with a workforce in excess of 6,500 people.
Qube Bulk counts as its customers some of the best known and leading mining and resources companies in Australia and has won a reputation for providing a cost effective, reliable and quality service to our customers.
We are seeking skilled Auto-Electricians for the service, electrical inspection and repair of the QUBE transport fleet. This role requires a minimum of at least two years’ experience working in the heavy/medium vehicle industry. A strong Automotive Electrician skill coupled with an ability to communicate effectively with others at all levels are important, as are sound planning and organisation skills.
A sound understanding and working knowledge of Occupational Safety and Health Regulations, Western Australia Main Roads legislation, Chain of Responsibility obligations as well as other relevant legislation is desirable. The Automotive Electrician will also be required to use their own initiative and apply a deductive approach when maintaining productivity and cost effectiveness.
The role is offered on either a 2/1 roster FIFO basis from anywhere in Australia, or a residential basis living in the city of Port Hedland. A residential housing allowance is provided. The operations work on a 24/7 basis and shift work will be required.
- Carry out scheduled electrical servicing, maintenance and inspections
- Maintain records on servicing, maintenance and repairs
- Carry out repairs as directed and parts change outs
- Attend breakdowns and make unscheduled repairs as needed
- Communicate effectively with drivers and plant operators
- Order parts using order numbers and listed suppliers
- Identify and record deficiencies relating to products and services.
Qualifications and Experience
- Electrical Trade Certification.
- Experience working with Heavy Duty Diesel Equipment
- Experience in a heavy industry, logistics or mining environment
- Strong electrical aptitude
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to work safely in a regulated environment
Qube values diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
If you would like the opportunity to join one of the fastest growing Ports, Transport and Logistics companies in Australia then please click on the "Apply" button and complete our online application form.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend