Import & Export Operations
Job no: 492411
Work type: Full time
Categories: Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics
Qube is an ASX TOP 100 Company and one of Australia 's largest integrated providers of import and export logistics integrated providers of import and export logistics services. We operate in over 100 locations across Australia with a workforce in excess of 6,500 people.
Qube Logistics operates across 48 sites nationally, covering over 210 hectares of land with 2 corporate administrative offices based in Melbourne and Sydney. Over 3,000 full time employees support these operations with qualified and experienced staff across all services offered.
Qube Logistics is a fast paced National organisation offering clients a broad range of services with a focus on customer service. Qube Logistics Global Management is our international freight forwarding business which moves freight to all parts of the globe.
This role is based at our Minto office and will commence as soon as possible.
This role will be responsible for duties including;
- Assisting both Import & Export Sea Freight Operations
- Registering import and export shipments in Expedient software system
- Preparing paperwork for shipment, as required
- Liaise with import & export clients on all aspects relating to their import cargo including forwarding shipments and obtaining release numbers from shipping companies for the collection of empty containers
- Receive and resolve general freight forwarder enquires, seeking assistance where applicable
- Assist in preparing import & export documentation to facilitate the packing of containers
- Liaise with the transport department and forward relevant documentation to arrange for packed container to be delivered to the designated wharf for import.
- Generate final manifest for import packs ad liaise with clients accordingly
- Assist with the entry of data into internal Maximas systems relating to container arrival and releases
- Be willing to work in a team with in all areas of the business
- ad hoc duties as required by your Manager
Qualifications and Experience
- Successfully completed Secondary education
- 2 years’ freight forwarding &/or operational experience preferred
- Basic knowledge of import/export workings required
Key Competencies / Skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and written skills
- Good Organisational skills
- Intermediate MS Office suite skills
- Preferred ICS/ Expedient experience
- Ability to implement and deliver within a fast-paced team
- Computer literate to intermediate level with ability to quickly learn new systems
Please note this role is based at our Minto Office
Qube values diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from people of all genders and backgrounds
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend