Wagon Maintainer – Fabricator / Welder
Job no: 492415
Work type: Full time
Categories: Trades and Services
Qube is an ASX TOP 100 Company and one of Australia 's largest integrated providers of import and export logistics integrated providers of import and export logistics services. We operate in over 100 locations across Australia with a workforce in excess of 6,500 people.
Qube Logistics operates across 48 sites nationally, covering over 210 hectares of land with 2 corporate administrative offices based in Melbourne and Sydney. Over 3,000 full time employees support these operations with qualified and experienced staff across all services offered.
We are seeking a full-time Wagon Maintainer with Fabricator/Welder experience, based in Sydney. The Wagon Maintainer will be required to provide in field inspection, repair, and refurbishment of railway freight wagons in accordance with established procedures and protocols, assuring a safe working environment and compliance with Rail Safety and OH&S regulations.
- Trade qualifications: Mechanical Fitter, Boilermaker, Fabrication / Welder.
- Medically fit and physically capable of performing the duties described above.
- Willingness to be mobile, work infield, and undertake reasonable amounts of travel,
- Willingness to, participate in Mon-Sun work rosters (including shift work if necessary), be rostered on call, and undertake reasonable amounts of overtime, including weekend work as required.
- High level of trade and industry experience relative to trade qualification.
- High levels of interpersonal and communication skills (Verbal & written), with proven ability to relate well to all levels of an organisation and work as part of a team.
- Self-motivated and willingness to participate in training and development activities
- Ability to understand and comply with Rail Safety and Occupational Health and Safety legislative principles and practice.
- A current Australian manual driver's licence is required for the performance of duties relating to this position.
- An understanding of the rail industry and in particular freight wagons and associated rolling stock maintenance and servicing requirements would be advantageous
- Other qualifications such as forklift licence, may be advantageous.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo training as required, provide a current police check to obtain an MSIC card, and undertake a Railway Medical Category 3 and drug and alcohol screening.
Please note this role is based at our Cooks River Depot and travel to other locations will be required.
Qube values diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from people of all genders and backgrounds
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend