HSE & Training Advisor
Job no: 492420
Work type: Full time
Categories: Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics
Qube Ports & Bulk is one of the leading Stevedoring, Bulk Logistics and Port Management service providers in Australia. As an ASX top 100 company, Qube has the size to provide an impressive array of integrated logistics solutions. This service offering is backed up by a national network of 28 capital city and regional port and transport facilities across Australia.
The Company's Darwin Operations specializes in Supply Base services, rig tenders, oil & gas markets and general stevedoring.
The Company is committed to providing an environment that is safe for all our employees and together with our employees taking personal accountability for making safe decisions at all times, we can achieve this goal.
Based in Darwin, the primary purpose of HSE & Training Advisor is to lead, develop and manage the implementation of the Zero Harm value in the business.
Whilst providing HSE support to the NT Port Manager in implementing the Qube Safety Health and Environmental Management System (SHEMS) and associated HSE programs and projects, the role also supports the training and development activities of the Darwin business in order to ensure skills and competency for business operational activities are met.
This role is part of a National functional team and will be supported by the General Manager HSE who is responsible for systems, leadership and strategy.
- Lead HSE related activities with employees and management
- Pro-actively ensure that site risks are recognised, assessed and effective controls are implemented with regular reviews
- Recognise unsafe behaviour, mentor and coach employees and managers to drive cultural change on site
- Liaise with other stakeholders as necessary to obtain key information to ensure HSE obligations are met and risks are controlled
- Implement the Qube Ports & Bulk injury management program by working with all stakeholders to ensure the best outcome for the injured employee
- Develop and implement HSE procedures in consultation with local and national management as well as the local HSE committee
- Develop and implement site training plans, skills matrices and budgets;
- Schedule, develop and deliver training and assessment programs in consultation with Operations and Labour Managers
- Monitor skill ratings in Microster in consultation with Operations Manager; ensure consistency with training records
- Monitor learners progress and determine when they are ready to be assessed and signed off as competent
- Plan, coordinate and oversee part-time workplace trainers to conduct training and assessment as required
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of three years in an operational SHE environment.
- Hold a safety or related tertiary qualification
- Certificate IV in training and assessment
- A thorough understanding of safety within heavy industry
- Ability to develop tactical and strategic plans to address safety issues
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strategic Thinking
- Managing risk
- Focus on safety
This role provides an opportunity to learn more about maritime related safety issues, in a key economic sector, and to grow and develop your career within an ASX100 company.
Qube Ports & Bulk values diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from females, Aboriginals and Torres Strait Islanders.
If you would like the opportunity to join our growing business apply now to submit your resume and an application letter addressing the essential skills and experience via our online application form.
Applications close 31st March 2019
Advertised: AUS Central Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend