Transport Supervisor - Esperance
Job no: 492542
Work type: Full time
Categories: Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics
Qube is an ASX top 100 company and one of Australia’s largest integrated providers of import and export logistics services. We operate in over 100 locations across Australia and New Zealand with a workforce in excess of 6,500 people.
Qube Bulk counts as its customers some of the best known and leading mining and resources companies in Australia and has won a reputation for providing a cost effective, reliable and quality service to our customers.
Qube has a position vacant for a road transport Supervisor to join the Qube Bulk team at our Esperance branch.
This position is responsible for ensuring that work by Qube complies with all client, regulatory and company responsibilities, including safety, by managing the effective delivery of Truck Haulage and Shipping Services to our Clients.
- Leadership and Supervision of a team of operators
- Supervise staff, ensuring staff have skills required to undertake tasks as designated
- Undertake regular on the job observations and coaching, and advice to employees to assist in their safety development
- Monitor and maximise the performance of the QUBE onsite team
- Short, Medium and Long term haulage scheduling and recommendation to client on shipping schedules
- Ensure workforce roster planning and leave management is undertaken to meet client needs
- Ensure QUBE Procedures and Policies, and those related to Client Operations are understood and adhered to
- Ensure vehicle and driver compliance of all relevant HSE, Client, and Qube policies and procedure and road rules
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of 3-5 years within the Mining and or heavy transport industry in a similar role
- Certification IV in Frontline Management, equivalent or greater
- Sound knowledge of the transport industry and business management
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and written skills.
- Good knowledge and experience of best practice in mining and road transport operations
- Ability to implement and deliver policies and procedures.
- Understanding of employee development
- Good knowledge of competency based training and assessment
- Excellent organisation skills
- Experience in Supervising safety in the workplace, including the operations of Quality Safety and Environmental Management Systems
- Ability to work under pressure
Qube values diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
If you would like the opportunity to join one of the fastest growing Ports, Transport and Logistics company in Australia then please click on the "Apply" button below and complete our online application form.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend