Shift Manager - Port Kembla
Job no: 492553
Work type: Full time
Categories: Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics
Qube Ports & Bulk is one of the leading integrated logistics solutions providers in Australia. As an ASX top 200 company, Qube has the size to provide an impressive array of solutions to our clients through our national network capital city and regional port and transport facilities across Australia and New Zealand.
Qube Ports is the major integrated port solutions provider in Australia, with services and facilities in over 28 Australian Ports, together with cargo storage, materials handling and distribution operations in all Australian states. This allows us to lead the market in providing purpose designed solutions for our customers handling containers, bulk, automotive and general cargo.
The Company’s Port Kembla Operations specialises in loading and discharging general and bulk cargoes. Commodities handled include motor vehicles, machinery, steel products, timber products, bulk cargo and project cargo.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, this hands on leadership role is integral in managing our Stevedoring operations and will drive operational and safety performance. The successful applicant will thrive on working in a dynamic environment and be committed to quality and continuous improvement with a focus on safety and customer performance standards.
Hours are irregular and shifts will vary from day to day.
- Plan, organise and manage the operations achieving safe and effective results including vessel planning and allocation of labour
- Lead, motivate and direct employees to perform their functions in accordance with safety and operational standards
- Ensure that all statutory obligations and company policies in respect to Human Resources, WHS&E are adhered to at all times
- Manage individual employee performance including discipline, grievances and training in conjunction with the Operations Manager
- Ensure adequate security is maintained on site at all times
- Liaise with clients in relation to the progress of their operations and to establish and maintain productive relationships
- Ensure compliance with quality standards and standard operating procedures of Qube and client organisations
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Sound technical knowledge and experience in vessel operations and planning
- Previous experience leading and managing people
- Knowledge of WHS&E requirements and obligations
- Ability to understand awards and workplace agreements
- PC Literacy
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with a variety of people
- The ability to work shift work at short notice and the hours necessary to fulfil the requirements of the position
In return, we offer an exciting opportunity to join a business that is experiencing rapid growth and continued leadership.
Apply for this position today!
APPLICATIONS CLOSE 30 AUGUST 2019
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend