Job no: 492583
Work type: Full time
Categories: Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics
Qube Ports is the major integrated port solutions provider in Australia, with services and facilities in over 28 Australian Ports, together with cargo storage, materials handling and distribution operations in all Australian states. This allows us to lead the market in providing purpose designed solutions for our customers handling containers, bulk, automotive and general cargo.
The Company’s Karratha, Dampier and Onslow operations specialize in the handling of containers, oil and gas materials, and project cargos.
The Company is committed to providing an environment that is safe for all our employees and together with our employees taking personal accountability for making safe decisions at all times, we can achieve this goal.
Based in Karratha and reporting to the Business Manager, this role is responsible for the timely and accurate coordination of the day to day activities at Qube Energy Karratha. This role will be in control of rostering of personnel and fleet as well as maintaining and planning freight schedules from Port to Mine sites and local areas. You will have strong communication and strategic thinking skills and have experience managing risk and leading teams in logistics and cargo management environments.
- Liaise with managers regarding all freight movements
- Co-ordinate and communicate the scheduling of transport for the collection of assets in an efficient, professional and timely manner
- Plan the segregation of contractor assets in line with various collection requirements
- Managing contractor communications including updates on traffic and changes to schedules
- Undertake the coordination and full responsibility of maintenance on all plant and equipment
- Ensure vehicle and driver compliance of all HSE, Main roads including Qube policy and procedure
- Prepare work/shift rosters for all operations
- Oversee the processing and planning information and documents relating to cargo receival and delivery operations
- Assist with Business development opportunities
- Manage the financials and proforma invoicing on a day to day basis
Ideally you will have the following qualifications and experience:
- Minimum of 3-5 years previous experience in similar role
- Sound knowledge of transport equipment and requirements
- Sound knowledge of the transport industry and business management
- Knowledge and understanding of applicable Commonwealth/State Safety and Environmental legislation and standards
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with a variety of people
- Advanced skills using Microsoft Office, Excel and Power point
- Ability to work autonomously using proactive approach to task resolution
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to work in a demanding environment
In return, we offer an exciting opportunity to join a business that is experiencing rapid growth and continued leadership. If you would like the opportunity to join one of the fastest growing Ports, Transport and Logistics companies in Australia then click the APPLY to complete our online application form.
Qube Ports & Bulk values diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from females, Aboriginals and Torres Strait Islanders.
Applications close 27 September 2019
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend