Operations Manager - Fremantle
Job no: 492596
Work type: Full time
Categories: Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics
Qube Ports is the major integrated port solutions provider in Australia, with services and facilities in over 28 Australian Ports, together with cargo storage, materials handling and distribution operations in all Australian states. This allows us to lead the market in providing purpose designed solutions for our customers handling containers, bulk, automotive and general cargo.
The Company’s Fremantle Operations specializes in loading and discharging general and bulk cargoes. Commodities handled include motor vehicles, machinery, steel products, containers, project cargo and bulk cargo.
The Company is committed to providing an environment that is safe for all our employees and together with our employees taking personal accountability for making safe decisions at all times, we can achieve this goal.
Reporting to the General Manager Australian Ports and based in Fremantle, this role requires someone to motivate, lead and manage our operational teams in order to achieve a high level of productivity, be compliant with company safety standards and exceed customer targets and goals.
- Plan, organise and manage operational activities
- Achieving safe and cost effective results through vessel/ yard planning and labour allocation
- Lead, motivate and direct employees to perform to the highest operational standards
- Ensure compliance with HSE and Quality standards and standard operating procedures of Qube Ports and client organisations
- Ensure that all statutory obligations and HR/ HSE policies are adhered to at all times
- Manage end to end individual employee performance
- Liaise with clients and build value adding relationships
- Manage and develop financial budgets and plans in line with business expectations
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Qualifications in Business, Logistics, Stevedoring or related qualification (preferred)
- Minimum three years in the Management of Stevedoring Operations
- Sound technical knowledge and experience in stevedoring, vessel operations and planning
- Experience in the management of customer relationship management
- Demonstrated experience leading and managing people
- Previous experience in financial analysis and reporting
- Demonstrated experience in the management of HSE requirements and obligations
- Ability to understand awards and workplace agreements
- We are looking for a person that will bring professional credibility, and understand the need to be flexible in meeting customer needs at short notice.
An attractive remuneration package will be negotiated.
Qube Ports & Bulk values diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from females, Aboriginals and Torres Strait Islanders. If you would like the opportunity to join one of the fastest growing Ports, Transport and Logistics companies in Australia then apply now!
*PREVIOUS APPLICANTS NEED NOT APPLY*
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend