Rail Operations Manager
Job no: 492770
Work type: Full time
Categories: Management, Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics
At Qube, we recognise that our people are our most important asset and are the engine that drives our organisation, playing a vital role in ensuring our business achieve our objectives and deliver on our commitments.
We believe that attracting the right people, maximising their contribution, and rewarding performance is vital for success. By choosing to work at Qube you will be choosing to work at the largest integrated provider of import and export logistics services in Australia with a market capitalization in excess of $3.75 billion as at 30 June 2018. We operate in over 100 locations across Australia and New Zealand with a workforce of over 7,500 employees and contractors.
Qube Logistics operates across 48 sites nationally, covering over 210 hectares of land with 2 corporate administrative offices based in Melbourne and Sydney. Over 3,500 employees support these operations with qualified and experienced staff across all services offered.
We have a unique opportunity for an experienced rail operations manager to work with our growing team.
About the role
Role Location: West Melbourne, Victoria
- Demonstrate and disseminate a positive safety culture throughout all levels of the business and operations
- Mentor and encourage employee consultation programs that add value to site safety, health, risk management, environmental compliance and quality
- Comply with and promote the QLRS Safety Management System (SMS)
- Develop and promote the QLRS Safety, Health and Environment Management Plan and QLRS Master Risk Register and participate in annual rail safety, internal and external audits of all QLRS locations and operations
- Assist in the management of train services and resources in a live run environment
- Assist in the development and promotion of the QLRS SMS by ensuring that risks are identified, eliminated, mitigated or managed so far as is reasonably practicable
- Ensure that the relevant persons are notified of all category A and B rail safety incidents in accordance with QLRS SMS
- Review mainline and rail terminal operations to ensure compliance with rail safety requirements
- After hours and on weekends manage the allocation of train crew resources to meet business requirements
- Prior to the commencement of new operations, review the resource allocations and the resource plan and ensure that the proposed operations are conducted in accordance with those conditions
- Ensure that rail safety accreditation and compliance with regulatory requirements are maintained through periodic management, meeting review of risk, KPIs and audits
- Participate in accident and incident investigations and ensure that appropriate follow up actions are taken
- Assist with rail safety incident and accident recovery on all QLRS rail services
- Review the financial systems to ensure resources for the quality, efficiency, safety and costs of rail operations
- Promote QLRS in all forums to raise the organisation's profile within industry and to generate additional interest from potential customers
To be successful in this role, you will ideally bring the following;
- Commitment to safety
- Strong leadership skills with proven experience
- Well developed customer service skills
- Experience leading a team in an agile and flexible environment
- Proven people skills
- Attention to detail with a focus on safety, health, risk, environment and quality controls
- Access to QubeCare our employee wellbeing program
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program
- A commitment to develop you to your full potential
- Performance based bonus
- Competitive remuneration
Qube recognises the value of an inclusive and diverse work environment. We take pride in the diversity of our people and encourage applications from people of all genders, ages and backgrounds. Our recruitment decisions are based on the key inherent needs and requirements of each role, and candidates are selected on their unique strengths and characteristics.
Qube is proud to be a WORK180 endorsed Employer for Women. if you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and benefits here https://qube.com.au/.
If you want to invest in your future apply now and we will help you reach your full potential.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend