Train Driver | Sydney
Job no: 492860
Work type: Full time
Categories: Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics
At Qube, we recognise that our people are our most important asset and are the engine that drives our organisation, playing a vital role in ensuring our business achieve our objectives and deliver on our commitments.
We believe that attracting the right people, maximising their contribution, and rewarding performance is vital for success. By choosing to work at Qube you will be choosing to work at the largest integrated provider of import and export logistics services in Australia with a market capitalization in excess of $3.75 billion as at 30 June 2018. We operate in over 100 locations across Australia and New Zealand with a workforce of over 6,500 employees and contractors.
Qube Logistics operates across 48 sites nationally, covering over 210 hectares of land with 2 corporate administrative offices based in Melbourne and Sydney. Over3,000 employees support these operations with qualified and experienced staff across all services offered.
We have a unique opportunity for an experienced Train Driver to assist in Sydney.
About the role
Role Location: Sydney, NSW
Role Type: Fulltime
- Drive locomotives and operate trains in a safe and efficient manner
- Act in accordance with QLRS, track access provider, regulator and siding owner rules and procedures
- Participate in training, briefing sessions and tool box talks associated with safe and efficient train operations.
- Demonstrate and disseminate a positive safety culture throughout all levels of the business and operations
- Mentor and encourage training for trainee train drivers
- Certificate in train operations and relevant AQF qualification from the current transport and logistics training package
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Clear and concise written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of safe working requirements on all routes, mainlines, terminals and sidings.
- Work collaboratively and harmoniously as a part of a team
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to work in a demanding environment
- Must be fit for work with a good level of fitness and general health
- Access to QubeCare our employee wellbeing program
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program
- A commitment to develop you to your full potential
- Competitive remuneration
Qube recognises the value of an inclusive and diverse work environment. We take pride in the diversity of our people and encourage applications from people of all genders, ages and backgrounds. Our recruitment decisions are based on the key inherent needs and requirements of each role, and candidates are selected on their unique strengths and characteristics.
If you want to invest in your future apply now and we will help you reach your full potential.
Please include 2 references in your application.
You will be required to meet Qube employment criteria which involves a full functional pre-employment medical assessment and may involve a police and criminal history check.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend