Heavy Duty Fitter
Job no: 492951
Work type: Full time
Categories: Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics
Who We Are
Qube Bulk division provides complete mine to market and mine resupply solutions offering mine, road, rail, storage, port and ship services. We handle more than 85 million tonnes per annum of various bulk ores, concentrates, mineral sands, salt, coal and dangerous goods.
Our fleet has a range of well maintained Volvo, Mack and Kenworth prime movers ( no more than 3-4 yrs old) side, end and bowl tippers as well as fuel, acid and pneumatic tankers.
About the Role
We are seeking skilled Heavy Diesel Fitters for our Goldfields ( Kalgoorlie) operations. The main focus of this role will be helping keep our modern fleet of American and European Prime movers, and all mechanical equipment operational and serviced, maintained and repaired as needed in accordance with workshop and site requirements.
The roles is based in Kalgoorlie so open to applicants who:
- reside in Kalgoorlie (Living away from home allowance on offer)
- FIFO ex Perth 2:1 roster ( company house supplied + $100/week food allowance)
- Considering relocating? We have a relocation package on offer for the successful candidate
- Pay rate: $51.15/hr
- Supportive and local team environment
- Ongoing job security
- Carry out truck and trailer scheduled servicing, maintenance and inspections
- Maintain fleet paper trail on servicing, maintenance and repairs
- Carry out repairs as directed and parts change outs
- Attend fleet roadside breakdowns when required
- Communicate effectively with drivers and plant operators
- Order parts using order numbers and listed suppliers
- Maintenance of company vehicles and mechanical aids i
- maintenance schedule and operating manuals/procedures..
- Identify and record deficiencies relating to products and services.
Qualifications and Experience
- Mechanical Trade Certification.
- Experience working with Heavy Duty Diesel Equipment
- Experience in a heavy industry transport or mining environment
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to work safely in a regulated environment
Qube values diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
Does this sound like you?
If you would like the opportunity to join one of the fastest growing Ports, Transport and Logistics company in Australia and work closely with a driven, supportive and encouraging local team then please click on the "Apply" button below and complete our online application form.
If you would like to discuss this role please make contact with our Recruitment Team:
08 6141 1903
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend