Rail Operations Supervisor
Job no: 493219
Work type: Full time
Categories: Management, Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics
At Qube, we recognise that our people are our most important asset and are the engine that drives our organisation, playing a vital role in ensuring our business achieve our objectives and deliver on our commitments.
We believe that attracting the right people, maximising their contribution, and rewarding performance is vital for success. By choosing to work at Qube you will be choosing to work at the largest integrated provider of import and export logistics services in Australia with a market capitalization in excess of $3.75 billion as at 30 June 2018. We operate in over 100 locations across Australia and New Zealand with a workforce of over 6,500 employees and contractors.
About the role
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Rail Operations Supervisor to join our team. The Rail Operations Supervisor’s primary objective is to manage train crew operations and rail operations in a safe, environmentally sensitive, and efficient manner. You will be involved in the development and monitoring of operations and train crew training. This position is also responsible for managing train crewing resources, rostering, locomotives and wagon allocations to meet our business requirements.
Role Location: West Melbourne, VIC
Role Type: Full Time
Duties and responsibilities:
- Develop and promote the Safety, Health and Environment Management Plan and Master Risk Register and participate in annual rail safety, internal and external audits of all locations and operations
- Review mainline and rail terminal operations to ensure compliance with rail safety requirements
- Manage the allocation of train crew resources to meet business requirements
- Prior to the commencement of new operations, review the proposed operations in accordance with those conditions
- Participate in or conduct train, rollingstock, safety, site, compliance and environmental audits
- Audit and facilitate training to ensure that all employees and contractors meet statutory and organisational requirements
- Review the financial systems to ensure resources for the quality, efficiency, safety and costs of rail operations
To be successful in this role, you will ideally bring the following;
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Transport and Logistics or similar
- A minimum of 10 years' experience in managing train crews
Key Competencies / Skills
The Rail Operations Supervisor must have the skills to ensure that:
- Train crew resources are managed in accordance with best practice The quality of service delivery is measured and managed in a culture of performance management and safety, health, risk, environment and quality controls
- Quality is managed through reference to standards, documented procedures and KPI’s, while ensuring that safety is maintained by following risk management, incident reporting, and investigation procedures
- Commitment to safety
- Strong leadership skills
- Business management skills
- Access to QubeCare our employee wellbeing program
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program
- A commitment to develop you to your full potential
- Competitive remuneration
- Onsite parking
You will be required to meet Qube employment criteria which involves a full functional pre-employment medical assessment and a CAT 3 Rail medical as a minimum standard and continue to hold this throughout employment (regular medicals required).
Qube recognises the value of an inclusive and diverse work environment. We take pride in the diversity of our people and encourage applications from people of all genders, ages and backgrounds. Our recruitment decisions are based on the key inherent needs and requirements of each role, and candidates are selected on their unique strengths and characteristics.
Qube is proud to be a WORK180 endorsed Employer for Women. if you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and benefits here https://qube.com.au/.
If you want to invest in your future apply now and we will help you reach your full potential.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend