Job no: 493584
Work type: Full time
Categories: Transport & Logistics
At Qube, we recognise that our people are our most important asset and are the engine that drives our organisation, playing a vital role in ensuring our business achieve our objectives and deliver on our commitments.
We believe that attracting the right people, maximising their contribution, and rewarding performance is vital for success. By choosing to work at Qube you will be choosing to work at the largest integrated provider of import and export logistics services in Australia with a market capitalization in excess of $3.75 billion as at 30 June 2018. We operate in over 100 locations across Australia and New Zealand with a workforce of over 6,500 employees and contractors.
Qube Energy is an established provider of integrated logistics services to both the onshore & off shore oil and gas sectors. Our services include Supply Base and transport operations. We are ideally suited to provide comprehensive support to the Oil and Gas industry with supply bases strategically positioned in Darwin, Dampier, Fremantle, Bunbury, Melbourne, Portland, Bell Bay, Miles, Surat, Chinchilla, Gladstone, Curtis Island and Barry Beach.
Based locally in Miles, the HSE Advisor will provide support, education and advice to site management and work teams. HSE Management is one of the key deliverables for the business and to demonstrate to state legislative bodies that they have safety management processes developed and have sufficient rigor to control the business risks and meet the standards established by the states Acts and Regulations.
- Experienced in Road Transport Safety and Compliance, NHVR (Fatigue, Mass, Maintenance) COR, Load Restraint Guide, Queensland Department of Transport & Mainroads.
- Conduct a comprehensive risk assessment of the scope of operations, including warehousing and supply chain operations, working environment, current work practices and procedures.
- Assist with the development of a training needs analysis (including gap analysis), including the identification of training needs and the development of a site training plan. Monitor the implementation of the training plan with respect to critical training.
- Assist site personnel in the development of site and task specific risk assessments, operational procedures and work instruction and conduct ongoing reviews of the effectiveness and compliance to risk control measures.
- Develop the site induction with the respect to both Qube Ports and client requirements when working on common user sites and with the perspective of employees potentially coming from a varying range of backgrounds.
- Liaise with client site representatives, for the purposes of obtaining key information, conducting joint risk assessments and communicating the Qube Ports SHS Management Plan.
- Establish SHS consultation and communications processes, including the establishment of Health and Safety Management Arrangements, SHS Representatives, SHS Committees, and toolbox meetings.
- Provide the site with leadership and assistance in the development of a safety culture and environment which is consistent across all safety-critical functions.
- Develop, implement and monitor the site SHS Management Plans to meet the site performance targets and meet the Business and Corporate requirements.
- Establish, implement and monitor an inspection and audit programme for the sites including regulatory and statutory safety requirements, mentor staff in the carrying out of these activities.
- Implement the change management standard when processes change on site and ensure that all change management objectives are meet and complied with.
- Develop and implement return to work plans, liaise with stakeholders in the return to work process and ensure regulatory and legislative guidelines are adhered to.
- Collate monthly site reports that include incidents & safety statistics, recordable injuries, lead and lag indicators and any other notable information in terms of operational safety.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Certificate IV in HSE (essential)
- Certificate IV in Environmental Management (preferred)
- Experience in the implementation and management of safety management systems
- Identification and implementation of effective HSE initiatives
- A thorough understanding of safety within heavy industry
- Ability to undertake large scale risk assessments.
- Ability to develop tactical and strategic plans to address safety issues
- Understanding of training principles and their application in addressing HSE issues
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft word applications
- A minimum of 3 years in an operational environment
- Team management and leadership
- Problem solving ability
- Negotiation skills
- Communication skills
- Focus on safety
- Conflict resolution
- Customer focused and responsive to customer requirements
- Performance and task driven
In return, we offer an exciting opportunity to join a business that is experiencing rapid growth and continued leadership. Apply now!
Qube Energy is a subsidiary of Qube Ports & Bulk. Qube Ports & Bulk is the leading Stevedoring, Bulk Logistics and Port Management service provider in Australia. As an ASX top 100 company, Qube has the size to provide an impressive array of integrated logistics solutions. This service offering is backed up by a national network of 28 capital city and regional port and transport facilities across Australia.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend