Postdoctoral Associate CY
Job no: 515639
Work type: Research Faculty
Senior management: College of Veterinary Medicine
Department: Biomedical Science
Location: Blacksburg Area
Categories: Research / Scientific, Veterinary Medicine
This position is responsible for providing technical support for the Yuan Laboratory at Virginia Tech to ensure seamless operations and promote a thriving research environment. The individuals report directly to Dr. Lijuan Yuan. Duties will involve performing flow cytometry to study T cell responses induced by rotavirus and norovirus vaccines in gnotobiotic pigs and other in vitro and in vivo animal procedures. Responsibilities also include data analysis, report and manuscript preparation.
• Successful completion of a PhD in Virology, Viral Immunology, Microbiology or a closely related field
• Experienced with flow cytometry for study of immune cells.
• Possess molecular virology or protein biology skills.
• Should be enthusiastic and dedicated, have the ability and interest in learning new techniques; must be able to follow verbal and written instructions; be observant, attentive to detail, organized, efficient, and work well with others
• Proficient in cell culture and in vitro viral techniques (infections, CCIF).
• Experience working with RNA viruses.
• Experience working with infectious disease animal models, including performing inoculations, blood collection, clinical symptom monitoring, euthanasia, gross necropsies, and viral titers analysis of organs.
• Prior experience working on evaluation of immunogenicity of vaccines
The successful candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges, a school of medicine, a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School, and Honors College. The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Lijuan Yuan at firstname.lastname@example.org during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend