Marketing & Communication Coordinator
Job no: 517568
Work type: Staff
Senior management: College of Business
Department: Real Estate Program
Location: Blacksburg Area
Categories: Communications / Public Relations / Marketing, Other
The Virginia Tech Program in Real Estate invites strong candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply for a Marketing & Communications Coordinator who will develop and implement the digital presence of the Program in Real Estate brand. Reporting to the Director, this position manages and implements online and print communications. The person collaborates with a wide range of individuals including faculty and staff in developing content to communicate and promote the program to potential and current students, parents, industry, alumni and the greater Virginia Tech community. This person will collaborate with partner units within the university. The successful candidate will be creative in writing and graphics, self-starting, entrepreneurial, and have the technical skills to implement communications across multiple digital platforms. Tasks require strong attention to detail and the ability to develop timely content. Preference will be given to candidates with strong interpersonal skills who can contribute in meaningful ways to the diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging efforts of Virginia Tech.
• Develop and implement a novel and timely marketing plan.
• Manage periodic communications to diverse audiences.
• Seek, write, and edit communication and promotional content.
• Develop print and digital materials to increase program awareness.
• Educate potential students and their parents about the academic program and career
• Promote students to industry for internship and career opportunities.
• Maintain website and social media platforms with fundamental and timely content.
Attendance will be expected at student, industry, and other program-sponsored events that may be on campus or at off-campus locations. Some evening and weekend work is required.
• Experience creating written and visual marketing materials for print distributional and
digital platforms such as webpages, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter.
• Willingness and ability to work evening and weekend hours.
• Demonstrated experience with writing, creating digital artwork and using photography and
video to develop innovative promotional content.
• Demonstrated proficiency and ability to learn software such as:
o Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access;
o Google Workspace, MailChimp, Canva, WordPress, Adobe Creative suite (e.g., DC,
Fresco, Photoshop and InDesign), and Ensemble.
• Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, journalism, a related field or significant
experience that may equal a degree.
• Creative and entrepreneurial person that proposes initiatives to enhance Program and
• A demonstrated can-do, how-can-I-help-you work ethic.
• Professional experience, in communications, marketing, public relations, journalism, or
• Experience with photography and shooting and editing video.
• Experience representing an academic program to students, parents and industry leaders.
• Commercial or residential real estate experience.
• Professional experience within an institution of higher education.
• Experience highlighting and developing content for diverse groups in a manner that is
appropriate, sensitive and ethical.
• Demonstrated proficiency and ability to learn software used by Virginia Tech such as:
Banner, Hokie SPA, and Canvas.
Commensurate with Experience
The successful candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check as well as documentation of COVID-19 vaccination or receive approval from the university for a vaccination exemption due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief.
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges, a school of medicine, a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School, and Honors College. The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Samantha Gagnet at email@example.com during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend