Assistant Professor of Property Management
Job no: 518606
Work type: Teaching & Research Faculty
Senior management: Liberal Arts and Human Sciences
Department: Apparel, Housing and Resource Mgmt
Location: Blacksburg Area
Categories: Instructional / Teaching Faculty
We are seeking applicants for an academic year (9 months) tenured or tenure-track Assistant Professor faculty position with expertise in Property Management. Applicants should have an earned doctorate. The department is interested in candidates who have a demonstrated commitment to building an equitable and diverse scholarly environment through teaching, research, and service.
• Teach undergraduate courses in property management.
• Develop a research scholarship program that includes funding, scholarly presentations,
and publications appropriate for a Research 1 institution.
• Contribute to the property management program by networking with industry for
internships, employment, and professional development opportunities for students.
• Serve on departmental, college, and university committees.
• Participating in occasional travel to professional conferences and meetings.
• Doctoral degree by August 10, 2022
• At least one earned degree in real estate or closely related field
• Demonstrated potential for effective teaching, scholarly productivity and grant funding
• Eligible to work in the United States
• Commercial real estate, commercial leasing and sales, and/or asset management
• College teaching experience
• Successful grant writing experience
• Publications in peer-reviewed journals
• Experience with cross-disciplinary collaboration
Commensurate with experience
The successful candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check as well as documentation of COVID-19 vaccination or receive approval from the university for a vaccination exemption due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief.
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges, a school of medicine, a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School, and Honors College. The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or military status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Michelle Hall at email@example.com during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend