Procurement Process & Business Consultant
Apply now Back to search results
Job no: 519648
Work type: Staff
Senior management: Vice President-Info Technology
Department: Information Technology Acquisitions
Location: Blacksburg - Main Campus
Categories: Information Systems / Technology
The objective of the Procurement Process & Business Consultant is to assist Virginia Tech’s departments and end-users with all IT procurement processes and systems.
The successful candidate will serve as a specialized consultant for IT Procurement and Licensing Solutions (ITPALS). They will assist end-users with navigating processes for new software review requests and associated workflow, searching Cobblestone contract management system, and identifying existing software agreements or need for additional reviews due to new or changes in use cases. Perform research and analysis to identify roadblocks or delays in order to advance reviews and save processing time. The use of best business practices to continuously improve performance, compliance, efficiency, and effectiveness are ongoing.
- Serve as a specialized consultant for ITPALS
- Assist end-users with navigating IT Procurement processes and systems
- Assist end-users with submitting and following software review requests in ServiceNow
- Assist end-users with researching software already reviewed and agreements established and available for campus-wide use using Cobblestone contract management system
- Assist end-users with determining if additional review is needed for existing software due to new use cases such as the addition of use by students, or new legal terms, etc.
- Assist end-users with the use of appropriate software account codes so that requisition will route through ITPALS and Cobblestone record can be updated with renewal information
- Assist end-users with the status of HokieMart requisitions and obtain additional information if needed
- Assist with the audit of ServiceNow tickets that have gone inactive
- Assist with the audit of Cobblestone records with expired terms to determine if departments have submitted POs without routing through ITPALS for review and Cobblestone update
- Assist with the development of educational materials and role-out of new training plan
The role of Procurement Process & Business Consultant requires customer service skills and experience with active listening, problem-solving, and communication in support of approximately 133 individual campus offices and staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field, or equivalent relevant experience
- Strong communication skills
- True desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to interact with all customers, both internal and external, effectively with tact and diplomacy
- Demonstrated analytical, planning, and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a diverse team
- Analytical thinking and problem identification and resolution skills
- Strong attention to detail
Working knowledge of Jaggaer/HokieMart purchasing module functionality
- Procurement experience in a higher education environment
- Working knowledge of Cobblestone Contract Management System
- Working knowledge of ServiceNow ticketing system
- Working knowledge of university policies and procedures
Commensurate on experience
The successful candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check.
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges, a school of medicine, a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School, and Honors College. The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or military status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Amber Pifer at firstname.lastname@example.org during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend