Apply now Back to search results
Job no: 520302
Work type: Research Faculty
Senior management: Vice President for Research
Department: Fralin Biomedical Res. Institute
Location: Roanoke, Virginia
Categories: Research / Scientific, Medical Professionals
The Munson Lab is hiring a Postdoctoral Associate to work on NIH-funded projects involving fluid flow in the brain. The applicant will contribute to multiple NIH-funded projects in Alzheimer's and glioma that examine the role of altered interstitial fluid flow in the brain and the effects on the surrounding tissues. The specific work involves the imaging via intravital imaging methods to alter and examine the effects of interstitial fluid flow on glia and tumor cells, and on delivery of therapeutics. The candidate will work with a multi-disciplinary team of investigators, including clinicians, clinical trialists, biologists and bioengineers, spanning multiple institutions. The candidate is expected to take a leadership role on the project through presentations, drafting of manuscripts, and mentorship of students involved in the project.
- Ph.D. in Bioengineering, Biology, Immunology, or related field. Ph.D. must be awarded no more than four years prior to the effective date of appointment with a minimum of one year eligibility remaining.
- Mammalian cell culture, intravital imaging, device design and development, computational modeling, animal handling, fluorescence microscopy, live cell imaging, tissue engineering, immunostaining, cytokine analysis (ELISA, Multiplex, etc.).
- Track record of publications and presentations.
- Experience in mentorship and/or teaching.
- Commitment to diversity, inclusion and equity.
- Knowledge or experience with Microfluidics, Flow cytometry, primary cell culture, and biomaterials use/manipulation, or image analysis.
- Work in glioma or related field
The successful candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check.
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges, a school of medicine, a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School, and Honors College. The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or military status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Brittany Shelton at email@example.com during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend