Asst/Assoc Prof Clinical/Tenure Track-Dermatology
Apply now Back to search results
Job no: 521213
Work type: Teaching & Research Faculty
Senior management: College of Veterinary Medicine
Department: Small Animal Clinical Sciences
Location: Blacksburg, Virginia
Categories: Veterinary Medicine
The Department of Small Animal Clinical Sciences of the Virginia-Maryland College of Veterinary Medicine, at Virginia Tech invites applications for a faculty position in Dermatology. This is a fulltime, Clinical or Tenure track position, at the rank of Assistant or Associate (based on the credentials of the selected candidate). The primary job responsibility will be management of the dermatology service in the Veterinary Teaching Hospital. In addition, the successful candidate will provide consultation to primary care clinicians in the Veterinary Teaching Hospital and referring veterinarians. Teaching assignments will include didactic teaching of student courses and participation in laboratories involving dermatology and related disciplines. The successful candidate will also participate in continuing education programs of the College and faculty governance activities. The candidate must be committed to excellent patient management, client service and clinical teaching. Participation is expected in general departmental service activities, such as meetings, resident seminars, journal club and rounds. Research responsibilities will vary based on the track, interest and qualification of the candidate and may include independent, collaborative or translational research. The successful candidate will be encouraged to work with ongoing research programs within the College, in order to contribute to the scholarly mission of the department.
• Generous retirement contributions by the institution
• Student loans payment support
• Paid moving expenses
• Negotiable percentage of time allocated for clinical service, teaching, and research
• Salary will be competitive and commensurate with the candidate’s experience and qualifications.
• 24 days per year of leave and carry over of 288 hours per year.
• Twenty-six weeks (1,040 hours) of personal sick leave upon hire. Ten days can be used for family sick.
• Paid parental leave (320 hours) used for birth, adoption, foster or custodial placement of a child and is available up to 6 months from date of event. Can be used in addition to other leave. Must have been employed for 12 consecutive months.
• Thousands of Hokie discounts managed by PerkSpot
1. Resume/Curriculum Vita
2. Letter of intent stating professional goals
3. List of References
• DVM or equivalent degree by the date of hire.
• Successful completion of an approved residency training program by American College of Veterinary Dermatology (ACVD) or the European College of Veterinary Dermatology (ECVD) by the date of hire.
• Proficiency in dermatology
• Must be eligible for a Virginia faculty veterinary license by appointment start date.
• Occasional travel to attend professional conferences and meetings
• Demonstrated commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
**The successful candidate will be required to have a criminal background check.
• Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Dermatology (ACVD) or the European College of Veterinary Dermatology (ECVD)
• Advanced Clinical Experience
• Research Experience
• Experience in Teaching
• Track Record of Scholarly activity
• Good interpersonal skills and team player
Salary; To commensurate with rank and experience of chosen candidate
The Department of Small Animal Clinical Sciences of the Virginia-Maryland College of Veterinary Medicine, at Virginia Tech invites applications for a faculty position in Dermatology.
The successful candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check.
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges, a school of medicine, a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School, and Honors College. The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or military status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Dr. Ben Tham at email@example.com during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend