Digital Libraries Product Manager
Apply now Back to search results
Job no: 521389
Work type: Administrative & Professional
Senior management: Dean of Libraries
Location: Blacksburg - Main Campus
Categories: Library, Other, Program/Project Management
The Digital Libraries Product Manager oversees documentation, deployment, and scheduling for Virginia Tech’s digital library system. Under the supervision of the Director of Digital Libraries and Preservation, this position leads digital library maintenance, scalability, and sustainability by accomplishing the following:
● Supervising the development team
● Collaborating with software engineers, systems engineers, collection managers and other stakeholders to manage deployment workflows and release processes
● Working collaboratively with stakeholders to create user stories and functional requirements and break them down into meaningful development tasks
● Facilitating communication and transparency among developers, systems, and stakeholders
● Collecting, recording, analyzing, and reporting qualitative and/or quantitative data on reliability and effectiveness of the application and of services to stakeholders.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field such as library science, computer science, IT management, etc. or a Bachelor’s degree with comparable professional experience
- Project management skills, including planning, documentation, organization, and time management, and a demonstrated ability to adjust priorities, and make effective decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Experience establishing positive and productive collaborations with diverse teams across departments and disciplines
- High level of professionalism and sensitivity to working in a multicultural setting
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, organizational, communication skills
- Proficiency in and experience with programming languages
- Proficiency with collaborative versioning tools
- Experience with software development processes
- Experience with agile project management systems
- Experience with project management methodologies such as Agile, Scrum, Kanban
- Experience with AWS Amplify development environments
- Experience with developing applications based on microservices
- Project management certification
- Experience in academic digital library development
A/P Faculty Lecturer, regular full-time appointment
$70,000 minimum dependent on education and qualifications
- The successful candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check.
- The application package needs to include a resume, cover letter addressing the candidate’s experience with the responsibilities associated with the position, and the required and preferred qualifications, names of three (3) references and their contact information.
The University Libraries at Virginia Tech is committed to building a culturally diverse community and strongly encourages applications from women and minorities. We are committed to mentoring and establishing safe spaces, both physical and virtual, where employees from current and historically minoritized groups can thrive.
The members of the University Libraries at Virginia Tech strive individually and collectively to create, sustain, and share inclusive ways of knowing in conscientious community with each other and all the people we serve in every space we shape. In keeping with our Aspirational Identity and the Virginia Tech Principles of Community, the University Libraries commit to build and maintain enduring climates of mutual care, respect, and responsibility.
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges, a school of medicine, a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School, and Honors College. The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or military status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Cathy Pillow at email@example.com during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend