Apply now Back to search results
Job no: 521424
Work type: Hourly Wage/Part-Time
Senior management: President
Department: President - Admin.
Categories: Administrative / Clerical
The Executive Receptionist supports the Office of the President and the leadership team within the suite and serves as a first point of contact representing the office in a professional and customer-service facing role. The incumbent in this role supports continuity of operations for the Office of the President and works with a team to create a welcoming, professional, executive suite environment. As part of this, the Executive Receptionist receives, reviews, and distributes mail, ensures items receive follow-up and timely responses, and performs routine office management tasks. The incumbent must exercise the highest degree of professional judgment, discretion, and tact while handling sensitive and confidential matters daily. The successful finalist will be reliable, have a track record of excellent customer service, and have strong interpersonal and decision-making skills to personify the integrity, confidentiality, and professionalism of the Office of the President.
• Significant experience providing executive administrative support in an academic or professional office environment.
• Proficient in the MS Office applications Word, Outlook, and calendar management.
• Must be highly organized with the ability to manage multiple priorities and work independently in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team atmosphere, demonstrate discretion in working with confidential information and use sound judgment in decision making.
• Demonstrated professional communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with all individuals in a diverse multicultural environment.
• Experience drafting and editing correspondence, reports, and other documents in a professional and efficient manner, including proofreading skills.
• Working knowledge of university organizational structure, policies and procedures, and governance system.
• Experience working with important external constituencies, such as, prominent alumni, major donors, legislators, and leaders in government, business, and the community.
• Experience working with safety and security protocols in a higher education office setting.
• Demonstrated commitment to the Virginia Tech Principles of Community.
Salary range of $25-$30 per hour
The successful candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check.
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges, a school of medicine, a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School, and Honors College. The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or military status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Dan Taggart at email@example.com during regular business hours at least 3 business days prior to the event.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend