Graphic Design Manager, Moss Arts Center
Apply now Back to search results
Job no: 525477
Work type: Staff
Senior management: Executive VP & Provost
Department: Center for the Arts at VT
Location: Blacksburg, Virginia
Categories: Visual Arts/Design/Creative Technologies
Reporting to the Moss Arts Center’s Director of Marketing and Communication, the Graphic Design Manager is responsible for all design projects for the Moss Arts Center and Arts@VirginiaTech. The manager creates or oversees all digital, print, and video projects from conception to completion, and ensures a fresh and compelling visual identity within Moss Arts Center and Virginia Tech brand standards, creating consistently excellent designs across a broad range of print and digital work. The Graphic Design Manager is expected to demonstrate top-quality creative design in a demanding, high-volume environment, and must be able to think strategically, exercise pragmatic professional judgment and independent decision-making, provide solutions that align with objectives, deliver projects on time and within budget, and contribute to creative strategy.
- An outstanding design portfolio that demonstrates creativity and innovation in print and digital design.
- Experience successfully managing a high volume of design projects with careful attention to details and deadlines.
- Experience with all aspects of production, including design, content development, editing, proofing, distribution, and budget management.
- High proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Adobe Acrobat).
- Experience with brand identity systems and brand expression.
- Professional experience in graphic design, advertising, communications, photography or video production, or inhouse agency setting, or a related setting; or equivalent experience in an academic environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, graphic design, web design, or related discipline or significant related professional experience.
- Familiarity with Virginia Tech brand.
- Significant experience with print publications.
- Experience with motion graphics and animation for video.
- Experience managing workflow within a project management system.
May 10, 2023; applications accepted until position is filled
The successful candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check.
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges, a school of medicine, a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School, and Honors College. The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or military status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Lisha Farrier at firstname.lastname@example.org during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend