||Boise State University, powered by creativity and innovation, stands uniquely positioned in the Northwest as a metropolitan research university of distinction. Learn more about Boise State and the City of Boise at https://www.boisestate.edu/about/boise-and-beyond/. Boise State University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Boise State University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. We are a welcoming campus that supports diversity and inclusion.
|Job Summary/Basic Function:
The Laboratory Operations Specialist is responsible for the operational aspects and supports activities of the lab. This position facilitates undergraduate student skills and provides instructional support to undergraduate, and other programs as appropriate
Fully competent and productive professional contributor who applies acquired job skills, policies, and procedures to complete substantive assignments/projects/tasks of moderate scope and complexity. Works independently with general supervision; exercises judgment within defined guidelines and practices to determine appropriate action. May provide guidance and assistance to entry level professionals and/or support employees.
60% of Time the Laboratory Specialist
● Responsible for the development and implementation of workflow processes and assists with scheduling of labs.
● Collaborate with faculty to design desired learning activities to meet objectives for undergraduate programs.
● Participate in the development and maintenance of policies and procedures relevant to the use and function of labs. Maintain an organized and clean environment.
● Provide setup, take down, maintenance of lab activities. Prepare written materials, select correct equipment and organization for the learning environment.
● Purchase of equipment for labs. Monitor and track expenditures and comply with allocated budget for disposable supplies and purchase of equipment.
● Provide instructional support as assigned, technical assistance and training others.
● Prove setup/take down/maintenance/moulage of designed learning lab activities.
● Facilitate routine repair and maintenance of learning lab equipment, manikins, and task trainers.
● Facilitate weekly undergraduate nursing skills open/remediation labs with course coordinator.
● Provide instructional support to nursing courses as assigned and overseen course coordinator.
● Assist with DRP sessions (skills practice/check off).
● Maintain current knowledge of nursing skills procedures.
● Assist simulation center staff with healthcare related questions/review of materials as needed.
● Assist with simulations in a support role as needed.
● Participate in special School of Nursing events/activities such as tours, convocation, marketing events, etc... as needed.
● Other duties as assigned.
|Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
● Ability to work effectively with a team and independently with minimum supervision and to
communicate effectively orally and in writing.
● Knowledge of chemical, biological, etc., instrumental testing and analysis on a variety of specimens or samples.
● Effective interpersonal and technical communication skills enabling the person in this position to work with a wide range of students, faculty, staff and other professionals.
● Effective management skills enabling task prioritization, time usage, and multi-tasking
● The ability to interpret, implement and comply with federal, state and local regulations.
Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing AND 2 years experience OR equivalent
|● Masters’ Degree in Nursing
● Teaching experience in healthcare
● Effective management skills enabling task prioritization, time usage, and multi-tasking.
● Supply management
|Salary and Benefits:
Salary and benefits: $48,068.80 to $56,555.20 per year, commensurate with experience, plus an excellent benefits package is available for eligible employees, for more information visit: https://hrs.boisestate.edu/benefits/.
|Required Application Materials:
Please submit a cover letter indicating your interest and qualifications for this position. Attach a resume that includes employment history (including dates of employment).