60% of Time the Human Resource Associate must:
● Performs a variety of administrative support activities that are integral to the State's Human Resource information processing such as maintaining employee record systems, responding to requests for information, orienting new employees, reviewing personnel actions for compliance with federal, state and agency rules, policies and procedures, and preparing and submitting personnel, payroll and benefits documents.
● Provides assistance to human resource or management staff. Recruitment responsibilities may include composing recruitment announcements and advertisements, creating, modifying and implementing recruitment plans including working with agency human resource or management staff to review applicant information, explain application and hiring processes and supporting managers regarding recruitment and selection practices
● Training activities may include researching, coordinating and participating in training.
● Employee relations activities could include recommending changes to human resource policies, and assisting in the problem-solving process.
● May conduct preliminary classification work including collecting job analysis data, recommending revisions to existing class specifications and evaluation mechanisms, and compiling compensation data
● May lead or supervise support staff.
Human Resources Management
• Manage and administer all hiring processes from creation to completion for classified, professional, temporary, volunteer and student positions.
• Lead the creation and execution of onboarding process for new employees, including University paperwork and processes, University wide required trainings, Arena wide trainings, and Arena development
• Creatively develop new recruitment and staffing strategies
• Oversee the offering process and collect required documentation and paperwork for hiring (i.e. application materials, degree verification, reference check summaries, creation of offer letters and moving policy letters)
• Coordinate on-campus interviews for candidates. This includes: approving expenditures related to recruitment, interviewing as arranged by search committee chairs, itinerary approvals, purchasing travel for candidates and arrangement of phone interviews and campus visits
• Ensure new hires complete proper paperwork, including benefit paperwork, in a timely manner
• Manage day-to-day operations of HCM
• Process all EAFs for new and existing department part-time hires
• Complete requests for all background checks
• Educate new employees on the University Moving Expense policy. Maintain good relationship with relocation office to be efficient with new information
• Administer email and phone access requests to new and existing employees
• Coordinate the new-hire credential process
• Organize and keep up to date records on all employees, including emergency contact list
• Create and maintain an employee handbook
• Responsible for keeping ExtraMile Arena org chart and department staff contact list current
• Ensure that all employee evaluations are completed on a yearly basis
• Monitor and confirm that all University required training are completed on a yearly basis
• Familiarity with the Arena’s schedule software platform, WhenToWork
• Maintain strong relationships with and act as the liaison for the Arena with University HR
• Work with University HR to stay current on new processes and procedures, and participate as necessary in relevant trainings, focus groups, etc.
• Coordinate with University HR to resolve issues related to health, insurance, savings, pension or other benefits
• Maintain employee confidence and protect HR operations by keeping information confidential
Front Office Administration Management and Receptionist Responsibilities
• Maintain an open and inviting front office environment, including the conference room.
• Keep tables clutter free, maintain supplies and the cleanliness of the office and supply cabinets
• Distribute daily mail and complete any shipping requests
• Manage front office equipment and functionality
• May be required to cover the front desk during an event. In your absence, oversee and schedule front desk part-time employee coverage.
• Provide general information and route visitors appropriately
• Oversee visitor credentials and parking passes
• Run general campus errands including ticket deliveries, contract deliveries, credential pick-ups, etc.
• Understand location of staff throughout the day (who is in/out, etc.) in order to properly route radio calls or visitors to the appropriate department or person
• Special projects as assigned
Accounting and Payroll Processing
• Provide support and backup to the Business Director and Sr. Accountant for a variety of accounting and payroll functions (i.e. processing time and payroll, p-cards, invoicing tenant rent, etc.)
• Complete travel authorization requests and expense reimbursements
• Maintain familiarity with University purchasing processes
• As needed, log checks, scan and file invoices, and assist with completing department deposits
• Participate in the Arena’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) working group
• Participate in Arena Event Management Meetings
• Takes leadership and maintains flexibility in working with other staff members, employees, clients and University partners
• Maintain compliance with Arena standards, values and missions.