||Boise State University, powered by creativity and innovation, stands uniquely positioned in the Northwest as a metropolitan research university of distinction. Learn more about Boise State and the City of Boise at https://www.boisestate.edu/about/boise-and-beyond/. Boise State University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Boise State University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. We are a welcoming campus that supports diversity and inclusion.
|Job Summary/Basic Function:
Plans, designs, builds, tests and maintains the integrations and web services between enterprise systems to meet the needs of critical business processes for University students, staff and faculty, as well as prospective students and the general public. The Integration Developer series supports academic and administrative functions of the University.
Join the Office of Information Technology team as an Integration Developer and help support academic and administrative functions of the University.
Entry-level professional with limited or no prior experience to contribute on a project or work team. Incumbent learns to use professional concepts to resolve problems of limited scope and complexity under close supervision while achieving day-to-day objectives. Works on developmental assignments that are initially routine in nature, requiring limited judgment and decision making. This level is typically focused on self development. Requires theoretical knowledge through specific education and training.
95% of Time the Integration Developer 1 must:
- Support and Maintain Assigned Software:
- Provides incident/problem resolution and on-call support for enterprise web service integration, web services, and assigned enterprise web applications during and outside of business hours and weekends as required.
- Demonstrates quality, efficiency, and accountability in the process of resolving incidents by delivering accurate, timely solutions that meet customer needs.
- Contacts and works with software vendor(s) to resolve issues in delivered software. Follow-up with vendor(s) and escalate support requests as necessary. Uses tracing and debugging tools as necessary and interprets logs and traces.
- Reapply integration customizations and configurations to PeopleSoft during maintenance and upgrade projects.
- Develop and Enhance Software and Integration:
- Collaborates to review software requirements and functional specifications, identifying potential gaps between customer requirements and the capabilities of existing technology and resources, and recommending designs that are user-friendly and compliant with technical requirements.
- Writes new and/or modifies existing integrations and services according to standards. Problems are typically low to moderate complexity, although may implement solutions to more complex solutions with input and guidance from more senior staff.
- Perform impact analysis of proposed new and proposed changes to integration. Optimizes performance of integrations and software where possible.
- Follows source code control and migration procedures. Uses appropriate tools for incident, problem, change, and knowledge management.
- Test New and Changed Software and Integrations:
- Create and execute automated tests and manual tests as needed following best practices and procedures. Test that software and integration functions as expected and meets performance expectations.
- Document New and Changed Software and Integrations:
- Documents problem resolutions clearly and concisely in tracking system(s) according to department standards.
- Document and diagram technical solutions in technical designs and other documents following department standards and best practices.
- Development of Self:
- Stays current with relevant advances in technologies via on-the-job training, attending technical courses or conferences, reading, research, etc. Follows best practices and procedures and shares knowledge with team members.
- Keeps manager updated on progress relative to performance development goals.
- Modifies behaviors based on learning from experience, peer feedback, and on performance feedback.
- Project Work and Reporting:
- Able to identify technical tasks required for a project. Follows project plans; records and tracks progress of project tasks, features, and improvements. Reports status in a timely manner.
- Provides estimates for tasks based on experience, team standards, and with input from more senior staff.
- Notifies management of potential risks and issues.
5% of Time the Integration Developer 1 must perform duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Integration Developer will possess the following work attributes: Self-starter, highly analytical, detail oriented, problem solver, multi-tasker and decision maker. Familiarity creating web services.
- Familiarity with SOAP, REST, JSON, WADL specifications.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
|Salary and Benefits:
Starting salary is $49,025.60; commensurate with experience. Boise State University is committed to offering a benefits package that provides health and financial protection plans as well as resources to promote health and well-being. Our program provides flexibility so you can choose the benefits that are right for you and your family. Learn more about our benefit options at https://www.boisestate.edu/hrs/benefits/.
|Required Application Materials:
Please provide a cover letter, resume, and three professional references.