This is a Per Diem position in the Finger Lakes Region.
1. Clinical Management
a. Initiates a systematic, accurate and ongoing assessment of biophysical, psychosocial, environmental, selfcare, safety, educational, and discharge planning needs of the client, family, and/or significant other.
b. Completes admission and assessment visit within established time parameters ensuring consistency with OASIS data.
c. Completes home care certification and re-certification documentation within established timeframes based on ongoing client assessments.
d. Ensures accurate/timely communication and documentation with interdisciplinary team regarding status, changes and/or recommendations in client care.
e. Develops a plan of care based on identified client needs.
f. Evaluates clients for adaptive equipment needs and arranges for necessary adaptive equipment as needed
g. Develops and implements an individualized client plan of care, appropriate to the assessment findings and adhering to the reimbursement criteria for home care provision.
h. Plan of care reflects ongoing assessment and Documents interventions planned for each goal.
i. Initiates and updates drug profile and medication teaching plan for all clients within the case load.
j. Reports progress and changes in the client’s condition and obtains physician orders for changes outside of the signed client care plan.
k. Collaborates with client, family and interdisciplinary team members in working towards discharge at time of admission.
l. Supervises and accurately documents client care provided by physical therapy assistants and/or home health aides as required by state/federal and/or local requirements.
m. Demonstrates an understanding of accreditation, state & federal regulations governing home health agencies and maintains compliance with regulations/organizational policies and procedures.
n. Demonstrates knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to provide care to the age groups served.
2. Responsible for the Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) established by their manager.
3. Other duties as assigned.
1. Master's degree in speech pathology
2. Certificate of clinical competency from the American Speech Language and Hearing Association
3. One year speech therapy experience
4. License to practice as a speech language pathologist in the state of New York
5. Current CPR
6. Evidence of effective communication skills, using verbal, written and telephonic means
7. License to drive in the state of New York
8. Reliable transportation and Agency required auto liability insurance
UR Medicine Home Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer