Hospice (RN) - $10,000 - Sign On Bonus!!!
Job no: 493100
Work type: Full-time
Location: Rochester, NY
Categories: Nursing, Hospice and Palliative Care
Standard: Duties of the registered nurse.
- The registered nurse makes the initial evaluation visit, regularly reevaluates the patient's nursing needs, initiates the plan of care and necessary revisions, furnishes those services requiring substantial and specialized nursing skill, initiates appropriate preventive nursing procedures, prepares clinical and progress notes, coordinates services, informs the physician and other personnel of changes in the patient's condition and needs, counsels the patient and family in meeting nursing and related needs, participates in in-service programs, and supervises and teaches other nursing personnel.
- Participates and assures that Hospice services are consistent with the agency vision, mission, values and strategic goals and meet customer needs.
- Evaluates patient eligibility for Hospice admission and on-going service based on the Conditions of Participation, Conditions of Payment, and Local Coverage Determinant (LCD) guidelines, and recommends acceptance into hospice program or referral to other health care services/programs.
- Provides an environment, which promotes respect for the patients, their privacy, confidentiality and property.
- Evaluates and admits cases within 24 hours, or documents reasons for start of care delay. Coordinates all the initial care needs and makes referrals as needed.
- Develops and revises hospice plan of care in conjunction with patient, family, physician, hospice medical director and Interdisciplinary Group (IDG), including obtaining medical orders and approval of medical services. This plan and visit frequency is based on patient and family needs.
- Works closely with hospice medical director and hospice leadership on issues concerning the evaluation process, admission and patient eligibility criteria. Acts as patient and family advocate regarding end of life care.
- Ensures comprehensive assessment, coordination and education of end of life care and continually re-evaluates and anticipates the changing patient/family needs.
- Assures the completion of all appropriate electronic clinical documentation needed for compliance with state and federal regulations and the delivery of seamless service within established timeframes. Laptops must be used in the care setting and the bulk of documentation completed during patient visit.
- Directs, coordinates, evaluates and supervises the quality of patient care services provided by the Home Health Aides, including clinical supervision. Provides a supportive and inclusive environment for home health aides.
- Provides in-service education programs and markets the hospice program within the community and health care systems.
- Promotes positive, supportive, respectful communication to all internal and external customers, including consistently displaying ICARE behaviors and values in every interaction.
- Provides supervision of LPN to ensure patient health, safety, and compliance with plan of care.
- Act as preceptor and works with new staff, students and medical staff as needed.
- Rotates responsibility for coverage in the community, nursing home and hospital settings as need arises, and participates in appropriate cross-training and competencies to ensure clinical expertise in all settings.
- Ensures schedules are kept up to date daily and pre-loaded weekly. Demonstrates willingness to flex work hours based on patient need.
- Will participate in regular on-call scheduling for evenings, nights, weekends and holidays as need arises.
- Demonstrates flexibility and willingness to visit patients based on need and not geography or time of day.
- Ensures problem resolution at the point of contact.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Contributes to an environment of professional growth, learning, trust and mutual respect for all employees.
- Practices regular employee recognition
- Recognizes personal worth of others
- Recognizes team members and significant contributions
- Encourages others to have fun and celebrate accomplishments
- Promotes the recognition, respect and celebration of the diversity of our workforce.
- Participates in education including orientation, in-service training programs and self-development. Hospice and Palliative Care Certification is encouraged
- Demonstrates commitment, professional growth and competency.
- Participates in professional organizations, continuing education opportunities and shares acquired knowledge with team members.
- Demonstrates understanding of and adhering to established policies, processes, and standards regarding patient care, quality, and documentation.
- Responsible for the Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) established by their manager.
- Promotes the UR Medicine Home Care image by adhering to the dress code policy.
- Complies with Corporate Compliance standards including confidentiality and HIPPA requirements.
- Complies with safe work practices (ergonomics, OSHA).
- Completes required/mandatory in-services, professional licensing requirements, and employer and institutional requirements.
- A graduate of an approved school of professional nursing, who is a Licensed New York State Registered Nurse (RN) with a minimum of one year of experience as a clinical nurse in a hospital or home care agency; or BSN and a minimum of 6 months experience in hospital or homecare.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and interviewing skills. Good organizational and computer skills.
- Occasional extras hours in the evening and on the weekends in client’s homes. Must be available for regular on-call schedule as need arises.
UR Medicine Home Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, protected veteran status, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend