Research Fellow - Brain and Mental Health Laboratory
Faculty / Portfolio:
Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences
School of Psychological Sciences
||Three year fixed-term appointment
$64,450 - $87,471 pa Level A/
$92,074 - $109,339 pa Level B
(plus 17% employer superannuation)
- Work at the Brain and Mental Health Laboratory
- Monash Institute of Cognitive and Clinical Neurosciences
- Excellent research and training, with a wide network of international partners
If you're after a rewarding career, Monash University can help make it happen. With leading academics and world-class resources, combined with a ranking in the top 100 universities worldwide, we offer all you need to build a brighter future.
The Brain and Mental Health Laboratory (BMH) within the Monash Institute of Cognitive and Clinical Neurosciences (MICCN) is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic Research Fellow, to be part of a large multidisciplinary team investigating brain network function in health and disease. The appointee will conduct scientific research developing and applying biophysical models of large-scale brain dynamics, particularly neural mass models and neural field models.
The work will focus on:
- applying the models to understand empirical brain imaging data acquired with magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), positron emission tomography (PET), electroencephaolography (EEG), magnetoencephalography (MEG) and/or transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS)
- integrating the models with data derived from genetic and other molecular techniques
- using the models to understand brain disturbances in psychiatric disorders such as schizophrenia.
You will have strong quantitative and programming skills and an excellent, nationally competitive track record. You will be expected to work collaboratively as part of a larger, multidisciplinary team, providing collaborative support for other team members and assisting in the supervision of students and other researchers.
You will work under the joint supervision of BMH Co-Director Associate Professor Alex Fornito and Adjunct Professor Gustavo Deco (MICCN) and will be expected to travel to Professor Deco's institute in Spain at least once per year to facilitate this collaborative research.
This role is a full-time position; however, flexible working arrangements may be negotiated.
Your application must address the selection criteria. Please refer to "How to apply for Monash Jobs"
Associate Professor, Alex Fornito, +61 3 9902 9796
PD - Research Fellow - Brain and Mental Health Laboratory
Sunday 28 May 2017, 11.55pm AEST
Supporting a diverse workforce
Back to search results Email Job Apply now