ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR / PROFESSOR OF FINANCE
Job No.: 602763
Location: Clayton campus
Employment Type: Full-time
Duration: Continuing appointment
Remuneration: $146,244 - $161,109 pa Level D / $188,381 pa Level E (plus 17% employer superannuation). Please note that a competitive remuneration package may apply, according to the successful applicant.
- Enjoy the freedom to discover something new
- Be surrounded by extraordinary ideas – and the people who discover them
- Take your research further with state-of-the-art infrastructure
Monash is full of thinkers and doers who are looking for their next challenge. So if you’ve forged a rewarding career so far, this role provides the perfect platform to join us. You’ll have access to quality research facilities, infrastructure and teaching spaces to do exciting work, along with opportunities to collaborate internationally. You’ll be part of a university that’s made up of inspirational, challenging thinkers and doers – and continue doing work that makes a lasting impact.
The Monash Business School is a multidisciplinary, research-focused, 'triple-crown' accredited business school, with exchange programs and networks throughout the world. We undertake education, research, consultancy and community engagements across all the main business and economics disciplines. It offers a comprehensive selection of awards including bachelor degrees, specialist master degrees by coursework, the Master of Business Administration (MBA), masters by research, and the PhD. Student numbers exceed 14,000, making it one of the largest business education providers in Australia.
The Monash Business School is based in Melbourne, which was ranked (by the Economist Intelligence Unit) as the world’s most liveable city from 2012 to 2017. Melbourne is well known for its coffee, restaurants, night-life and is recognised as the sporting capital of Australia. Melbourne is proud of its excellent healthcare, education, diverse culture and booming infrastructure; making Melbourne a welcoming and exciting place to work and to call home.
The Department of Banking and Finance was established in 2014 and has its roots in the David Syme School of Banking and Finance. We are a leader in the advancement of knowledge in banking and finance education and research.
Our commitment to excellence is proven through our world-class research outputs and contemporary and engaging teaching practices. The Department delivers quality and impactful research that influences the industry. We have a vibrant research culture, coupled with an active research seminar and visitor program.
The Department of Banking and Finance is seeking to appoint an Associate Professor (Level D) or Professor (Level E) who will continue to advance the department’s contribution to teaching and research.
The successful applicant will demonstrate:
- An outstanding contribution to all activities of the organisational unit and play a significant role within their profession or discipline
- Engage in active and strategic activities with the Banking and Financial Services industry
- A strong track record in publications in leading international journals
- A strong track record documenting the ability to teach at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels
- Evidence of the ability to secure external research funding
In addition, this role will also allow you to contribute to the department’s research culture, and to the research funding outcomes for the department. The responsibilities will also include:
- Mentoring of research activities of junior staff members
- Mentoring and supervision of honours and postgraduate students
- Taking on a leadership position in the department in research or education
- Developing course curriculum at undergraduate and postgraduate level
- Fostering a research culture, obtaining grants and producing top-quality publications
The successful applicant will be appointed at the level appropriate to their qualifications, experience and in accordance with the relevant classification standards.
We offer attractive salary packaging, relocation and removal expenses, support for research, and generous parental leave.
If you would like to be a part of our world-class department and help grow our vibrant and engaging culture, then we welcome your application.
This is a continuing, full-time position; however, flexible working arrangements may be negotiated.
At Monash University, we are committed to being a Child Safe organisation. This position at the University will require the incumbent to hold a valid Working with Children Check.
For instructions on how to apply, please refer to “How to apply for Monash Jobs”.
Professor Abe De Jong, Head of Department, firstname.lastname@example.org.
PD - Associate Professor of Finance - Level D
PD - Professor of Finance - Level E
Wednesday 19 February 2020, 11.55pm AEDT
Supporting a diverse workforce