(GA) Student Employment: Graduate Assistant for Facility Operations - Fall 2021 PLEASE NOTE: This position is not currently accepting applications at this time.
Job no: 493472
Work type: Student Employment
Location: Mount Carmel - Hamden, CT
Categories: Graduate Assistant
||Graduate Assistant for Facility Operations
|Student Employment Type:
||Graduate Assistant (GA)
- Assist with hiring, training, and evaluation of student staff at the fitness centers.
- Plan, market, and staff events hosted by campus recreation.
- Provide support for student staff with shift coverage as needed.
- Assist with semester data collection.
- Host regular office hours at the fitness centers.
- Assist with maintaining social media accounts.
- Assist in designing and implementing policies and procedures at the fitness centers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to students.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office including, Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Previous experience in sports and recreations programs or facilities.
- Willingness to learn Campus Recreation business functions
- Previous experience working in campus recreation facility operations
- Familiarity with scheduling software
- Familiarity with recreational sports software
|Hours of Position:
- Hours vary depending on need but the facilities are open M-F 7am-10pm and Sat/Sun 9am-10pm
- 9 month position from 8/15-5/15
- Position works 29.5 hours/wk
- Position is renewable for a second year contingent upon performance
|Required Documents for Application:
- Cover Letter
|Instructions to Applicants:
||Click Apply at the top of the page. Complete the required application.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Refer a friend