Patron Services Wage
Job no: 512579
Work type: Hourly Wage/Part-Time
Senior management: Executive VP & Provost
Department: Center for the Arts at VT
Location: Blacksburg Area
These positions are not available to Virginia Tech students. VT students should not apply through this site but may contact the Moss Arts Center directly to inquire about available student positions.
The Moss Arts Center Patron Services Wage Pool opens/closes each January 1, April 1, July 1 and October 1. You are responsible for reapplying each quarter for your application to remain active.
The Patron Services Wage Pool positions perform a variety of customer service and administrative tasks in support of events at the Moss Arts Center. Typical work may include box office staffing, ushering, and/or visual arts gallery supervision. Positions require strong customer service and interpersonal skills, evening and weekend availability, punctuality, and good computer skills.
Responsibilities may include:
- Answer patron questions about performances, ticketing processes, performance seating, gallery exhibits; engage and assist patrons as appropriate.
- Provide assistance to patrons with special accommodation needs.
- Consult departmental managers promptly for efficient and attentive problem resolution.
- Process ticket sales, ticket distribution, and ticket scanning according to established procedures.
- Conduct box office and/or theater opening and closing procedures as directed.
- Track attendance, perform minor upkeep tasks, and report equipment and building maintenance issues as needed.
- Process cash, checks, and credit cards in accordance with departmental and university procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding patron transactions and interactions.
- Assist with patron emergencies and building evacuations as needed.
- Monitor patron movement and displays to minimize risk to persons and property.
- Customer service experience.
- Experience working as part of a team.
- Proven record of punctuality.
- Willingness and ability to work evening and weekend hours.
- Strong customer service and communication skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Performing arts theater experience.
- Experience using automated ticketing systems.
The successful Candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check.
About Virginia Tech
Virginia Tech is a public land-grant university, committed to teaching and learning, research, and outreach to the Commonwealth of Virginia, the nation, and the world. Building on its motto of Ut Prosim (that I may serve), Virginia Tech is dedicated to InclusiveVT—serving in the spirit of community, diversity, and excellence. We seek candidates who adopt and practice the Principles of Community, which are fundamental to our on-going efforts to increase access and inclusion, and to create a community that nurtures learning and growth for all of its members. Virginia Tech actively seeks a broad spectrum of candidates to join our community in preparing leaders for the world.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire accommodation please contact the hiring department.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend