Senior Strategy Consultant, Organizational Excellence
Job no: 512614
Work type: Administrative & Professional
Senior management: Vice President for Business Affairs
Department: Business Affairs
Location: Blacksburg Area
Categories: Business / Accounting / Finance, Executive / Director / Management
The Organizational Excellence Senior Strategy Consultant has experience in broad strategy consulting, including strategic planning, organizational assessment and improvement, organizational development, organizational design, change management, and organizational transformation initiatives. Reporting to the Vice President for Business Affairs, and serving as a key member of the Organizational Excellence team, the Senior Strategy Consultant creates project plans and prepares project materials and deliverables. The Senior Strategy Consultant demonstrates project management and client relationship skills with ability to oversee multiple projects and delivery deadlines. Additionally, the Senior Strategy Consultant performs as a day-to-day point person for the Vice President on project matters including: maintaining interaction with managers on a regular basis recommending solutions/approaches to resolving needs; leading and facilitating project teams, ensuring that projects are delivered on time, within budget and with desired impact; and assuming accountability for the delivery of timely and high-quality services. The Senior Strategy Consultant demonstrates ability to operate effectively at multiple levels of the organization and builds influential rapport across the enterprise. The Senior Strategy Consultant has experience effectively managing client relationships and has the ability to influence and inform senior level leadership. This person also plays an integral role in developing staff and expanding their experiences and depth of consulting expertise.
The critical success factors for this position include: strong client Focus, business acumen, critical thinking and problem solving, communication and influence, quality orientation, collaborative approach, adaptability and flexibility in thinking and management of work and relationships, managing multiple priorities simultaneously, and initiative and independent thought leadership.
• Advanced degree with a concentration in Business, Organizational Psychology, Systems Engineering, or related field; or a Bachelor’s degree with significant experience.
• Experience in a senior individual contributor role in relevant consulting and/or corporate environments demonstrating the leadership, facilitation, project management skills, change management skills, and other capabilities required of a Senior Consultant.
• Demonstrated experience in business or strategy consulting, organizational development and design, or organizational effectiveness.
• Demonstrated strategic thinking and creative problem-solving in ambiguous situations, project organization and management skills.
• Strong facilitation and presentation capabilities, and ability to effectively manage group dynamics and conflict.
• Ability to evaluate and diagnose client challenges and situations, cultures and needs and devise effective solutions.
• Excellent written communication (oral/written) skills with a proven ability to positively influence diverse audiences through use of intellect, excellent analytical skill and ability to develop creative business solutions.
• Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective and collaborative relationships with both colleagues and clients.
• Demonstrated ability in project management, develop staff and participation in practice development contributions.
• Advanced degree preferred.
• Industry experience within higher education is beneficial.
This search is intended to fill two vacancies, one regular position and one restricted; continuation of the restricted position will be subject to business need and the availability of funds.
While the posting will remain open until both positions are filled; priority will be given to candidate submissions received by February 15, 2020.
The successful Candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check
Virginia Tech is a public land-grant university, committed to teaching and learning, research, and outreach to the Commonwealth of Virginia, the nation, and the world. Building on its motto of Ut Prosim (that I may serve), Virginia Tech is dedicated to InclusiveVT—serving in the spirit of community, diversity, and excellence. We seek candidates who adopt and practice the Principles of Community, which are fundamental to our on-going efforts to increase access and inclusion, and to create a community that nurtures learning and growth for all of its members. Virginia Tech actively seeks a broad spectrum of candidates to join our community in preparing leaders for the world.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire accommodation please contact the hiring department.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend