If you're a RN with recent home care experience in a CHHA and looking to have a positive effect on our community, UR Medicine Home Care currently has the ideal opportunity for you!
A welcoming work environment, work life balance/flexibility, world class affordable benefits and a team you can count on!
Starting pay is $45.00 an hour!
Advantages to working at UR Medicine Home Care:
Day Shift, Monday - Friday, NO WEEKENDS
Only work 2 Holidays a year
Provides direct patient care and/or case management within a patient and family centered care environment. Caseload assignment geography will vary based on patient coverage needs. The registered nurse makes the initial evaluation visit, regularly reevaluates the patient's nursing needs, initiates the plan of care and necessary revisions, furnishes those services requiring substantial and specialized nursing skill, initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures, prepares clinical and progress notes, coordinates services, informs the physician and other personnel of changes in the patient's condition and needs, counsels the patient and family in meeting nursing and related needs, participates in in-service programs.
- Develops and revises plan of treatments and discharge plan in conjunction with patient, family, physician, care delivery team and third-party payors including obtaining medical orders and approval of medical services.
- Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative strategies.
- Consults with and educates the patient, family and other team members regarding disease process, self care techniques and preventive strategies.
- Directs, coordinates, evaluates and supervises the quality of patient care services provided by the Home Health Agency.
- Flexible and willing to visit patients based on need and not geography.
Contributes to an environment of professional growth, learning, trust and mutual respect for all employees.
- Promotes the recognition, respect and celebration of the diversity of our workforce.
- Participates in education including orientation, in-service training programs and self-development, as needed.
- Demonstrates commitment, professional growth and competency.
1. New York State Licensed RN.
2. One year of experience as a clinical nurse in a hospital and one year of recent experience in Home Care in a certified home health care position required (CHHA).
3. Independent working with and have functional knowledge of agency EMR is required.
4. Strong critical thinking skills, the ability to follow standards/procedures, and make appropriate clinical judgments to provide safe and effective client care.
5. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, adapt to change, and manage a variety of assignments while establishing priorities and ensuring the necessary duties are completed.
6. Strong interviewing, assessment and communication skills.
7. Ability to exercise initiative and independent judgment.
8. Ability to build and maintain professional relationships.
9. Current NYS driver’s license
Starting rate $45 per hour
UR Medicine is an Equal Opportunity Employer