Executive Level 1 - Property Governance and Business Manager
Job no: 492289
Work type: Full Time
Location: Sydney CBD
Defence Housing Australia (DHA) provides housing services to Defence members and their families. In doing this, we support Defence capability and the operational, recruitment and retention goals of the Department of Defence.
The Service Delivery Group is responsible for meeting DHA’s objectives relating to the delivery of high quality housing services, including, provisioning, maintenance services, stock management, housing allocation and living-in accommodation booking services.
The Property function is responsible for the delivery of Developments, Constructions, Acquisitions, Sales, Leasing, Upgrades and Heritage programs.
You will assist the Head of Property with managing the efficient operations of the Property function including operational budgets, resources, reporting business outcomes and Governance. You will conduct special projects that support DHAs strategic direction, agency goals and objectives, including undertaking complex analysis and research to align long term planning. This includes high-level involvement in process and system design to increase efficiencies, innovation and respond to business reporting and Governance requirements.
You will also provide high quality operational support to senior executives and other stakeholders relating to executive reports, papers and governance related matters. This role provides a unique opportunity for an applicant who wants to be challenged in a busy and dynamic work environment and also has a key operational and networking responsibility working in collaboration with business areas across DHA.
Working closely with a wide range of stakeholders, your responsibilities will include overseeing governance structures and standards, and assisting with the management of interdependencies within the Property Group.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Formal qualifications in a Business, Management, Journalism, Communication or a Property related field; including demonstrated experience in project management and/or working within the property industry.
- Highly advanced written communication skills, including the ability to write, analyse and edit documents that explain complex and sensitive operational matters, and facilitate agreed outcomes.
- Excellent verbal communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills, including the ability to engage, collaborate and build key strategic relationships with a range of stakeholders.
- Proven ability to work autonomously and be accountable in managing and undertaking work that is complex in nature, including making decisions based on sound judgement, expertise and knowledge.
- You will have a proven track record in managing competing priorities, achieving results, coordinating a wide range of activities and adhering to strict deadlines in a high pressure, commercial environment.
- Demonstrated experience providing operational support such as an Executive Officer to senior executives, including the ability to manage competing priorities, identify issues requiring escalation and providing specialist professional advice.
- Highly developed analytical and complex problem solving skills, including the ability to review and identify emerging issues, risks, exercise professional judgement and provide better practice, strategic advice and recommendations to senior leadership and key personnel in the context of DHA’s operations including the ability to identify and lead business improvement strategies.
- Demonstrated advanced experience in the use of Microsoft suite of products including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and the ability to learn new systems quickly
Some of the benefits of working at DHA include:
- Generous employee benefits with a competitive salary packing
- Employer superannuation contribution of up to 15.4%
- Flexible work arrangements, including family friendly provisions
- Benefits of working for the APS, while in an outcome focused Government Business Enterprise
- A diverse range of interesting projects in high performing and collaborative work environment.
View Position Description
AUS Eastern Daylight Time
AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Employee Referral Apply now