Our people are central to our success.
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential.
Join our team of industry leaders – because with us, your skills, knowledge and experience will make a difference to the benefit of our clients, communities and project partners.
With a history since 1934, Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities in leading commodities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Every day, we optimise the mining lifecycle to create lasting value.
Thiess has been providing total mining solutions at Gunung Bara Utama (GBU) Coal Mine Project in the West Kutai region, East Kalimantan Indonesia.
About the role
The Supervisor Mining will coordinate all operators and employees mining crew in the workplace while promoting and maintaining a healthy and safe environment for everyone at work. Reporting to the Senior Supervisor Mining and based on site on a 28/14 roster, you will work collaboratively towards delivering high quality solutions and result.
Some of your duties will include:
- To coordinate all operators and employees mining crew in the workplace of the removal of overburden/interburden in a safe, effective manner on time and within budget in a designated area and Safe for Everyone in workplace area
- To achieve daily targets of machine utilization for their area and ensure that crews are achieving productivity target for their area
- Develop employees through training, coaching and experience to ensure maximum performance in current role and to ensure employees are capable of advancing to meet future growth of business
What skills and experience do you need?
- Minimum Senior High School; Good English and can operate mining equipment
- Previous experience in a similar role at least two years
- A minimum of 5 years professional experience in large open cut mining operation of which at least one or two years in production/service Leading Hand/ management role.
- Mining heavy industry experience is essential
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce
We recognize the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision: everyone matters always.
Through this vision, we will build a community where respect, value and thoughtfulness toward each person will underpin their ability to bring their full self to work because here they will be empowered, safe and included.
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to make the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role please follow the below link. Applications close on December 7th, 2020
Please be aware of certain frauds or misinformation regarding recruitment advertising on behalf of Thiess. We never ask for any payments whatsoever from applicants or candidates during the recruitment process. We never ask applicants or candidates to use specific travel agent services to make arrangements for transportation and accommodation during the recruitment process.