Our people are central to our success.
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential.
Join our team of industry leaders – because with us, your skills, knowledge and experience will make a difference to the benefit of our clients, communities and project partners.
With a history since 1934, Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities in leading commodities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Every day, we optimise the mining lifecycle to create lasting value.
Thiess has a long journey of more than 30 years in Indonesia providing mining services for various projects and clients with support facilities in Balikpapan including workshops and training centre.
About the role
The Accountant Plant will be responsible for plant admin activities including cost, system, record & report performance and filing system while promoting and maintaining a healthy and safe environment for everyone at work. Reporting to the Supervisor Administration Hub and based on Balikpapan Support Facility on a 5/2 roster, you will work collaboratively towards delivering high quality solutions and results.
Some of your duties will include;
- Responsible for plant admin activities including cost, system, record & report performance and filing system
- Actively contribute to a positive teamwork environment at all times
- Prepare the weekly and monthly reporting requirements for the plant department
- Ensure that the key accounts within plant are reconciled
What skills and experience do you need?
- University Degree (S1) or Diploma III
- Min 6 months as Plant Admin Staff at JKT/BSF or min 1 year experience for nonThiess applicant
- Communication – both verbal and written
- Computer literate
- Interpersonal skills
- Problem solving
- Time and personnel management
- Broad knowledge of TGS
- Broad knowledge of Enterprise Systems – JDE
- Knowledge of financial and accounting principles
- Understanding of Thiess values and systems
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision: everyone matters always.
Through this vision, we will build a community where respect, value and thoughtfulness toward each person will underpin their ability to bring their full self to work because here they will be empowered, safe and included.
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to make the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role please follow the below link. Applications close on January 29th, 2021.
Please be aware of certain frauds or misinformation regarding recruitment advertising on behalf of Thiess. We never ask for any payments whatsoever from applicants or candidates during the recruitment process. We never ask applicants or candidates to use specific travel agent services to make arrangements for transportation and accommodation during the recruitment process.