Our people are central to our success.
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential.
Join our team of industry leaders – because with us, your skills, knowledge and experience will make a difference to the benefit of our clients, communities and project partners.
With a history since 1934, Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities in leading commodities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Every day, we optimise the mining lifecycle to create lasting value.
Thiess has been providing total mining solutions at GBU Coal Mine Project in the East Kalimantan, Indonesia.
About the role
The Officer Community Relation will ensure the planning and implementation of community program are achieved while promoting and maintaining a healthy and safe environment for everyone at work. Reporting to the Superintendent HR and based on site on a 6/3 roster, you will work collaboratively towards delivering high quality solutions and result.
Some of your duties will include:
- Assist Superintendent HR in the planning & implementation of community program
- Actively control the relationship between the company and communities around mine
- Contribute to a positive teamwork environment at any time
- Make a CSR / Community development program by looking at the potential of the region by the following thiess procedure
- Coordinate and communicate with the community, groups, organizations of community, government agencies and military / police institutions including establishing communication / coordination with contractors and owner
- Maintaining close contacts with the local government, manpower department, police officials, BPJS, government legislative to get support to solve all the problem which related with community and employees
What skills and experience do you need?
- Have minimum university degree with any major and having minimum 5 years experiences in mining area dealing with community / security issues
- have a good understanding of HR & IR exposure
- IT Literacy
- Strong leadership and motivational skills; Strong Mentoring skills; Good analytical skills; Strong communication and negotiation skills;
- A commitment to safety and a desire to maintain our Indonesian coal operations to world class international safety standards. You should also be able to clearly demonstrate previous results together with a pro-active commitment towards safety whilst having attained the teamwork and respect of local communities and adherence to relevant environmental standards;
- A demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement;
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision: everyone matters always.
Through this vision, we will build a community where respect, value and thoughtfulness toward each person will underpin their ability to bring their full self to work because here they will be empowered, safe and included.
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to make the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role please follow the below link. Applications close on May 14th, 2021.
Please be aware of certain frauds or misinformation regarding recruitment advertising on behalf of Thiess. We never ask for any payments whatsoever from applicants or candidates during the recruitment process. We never ask applicants or candidates to use specific travel agent services to make arrangements for transportation and accommodation during the recruitment process.