Our people are central to our success.
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential.
Join our team of industry leaders – because with us, your skills, knowledge and experience will make a difference to the benefit of our clients, communities and project partners.
With a history since 1934, Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities in leading commodities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Every day, we optimise the mining lifecycle to create lasting value.
Thiess has been providing total mining solutions at Melak Coal Mine Project in the East Kalimantan, Indonesia.
About the role
The Engineer Mine Planning will provide and deliver plan of a earthworks facility designs to support long term objectives. while promoting and maintaining a healthy and safe environment for everyone at work. Reporting to the Senior Engineer Mining and based on site on a 6/3 roster, you will work collaboratively towards delivering high quality solutions and result.
Some of your duties will include:
- Design a safe and cost effective mine plans and ensure they are issued ahead of time
- Provide the technical mine design, scheduling and monitoring function for the mining operation
- Ensure designs are discussed with mine planning personnel and consensus is reached on the design approach
- Participate, provide input to and discuss the mining plan and any innovations, or issues with Technical Services and Production personnel
- Monitor and control dump areas, haul distance, and equipment productivities; monitor the direction of the mining operation to ensure schedules are being followed and advice on the implications of variances from schedule; provide feedback to the Mine Planning Superintendent and the Engineering group to keep them informed of any changes of sequence required in the pit;
- Prepare appropriate summaries and statistics of equipment (costs, performance, availability, and utilization), material movement, and inventory levels
What skills and experience do you need?
- A minimum Bachelor Degree in Mining or Geological Engineering. Have experience in mining operation practice is preferable, with minimum of 3 years’ experience on Mining Engineering practice as Engineer Mine Planning/ Long Term
- The candidate should have Mine design concepts & operations in coal mining, scheduling, and planning skill.
- Having strong motivation, English proficiency spoken and written, supportive, communicative, hard worker, self-motivation, team player, and able to work under pressure are preferred character traits.
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision: everyone matters always.
Through this vision, we will build a community where respect, value and thoughtfulness toward each person will underpin their ability to bring their full self to work because here they will be empowered, safe and included.
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to make the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role please follow the below link. Applications close on May 14th, 2021.
Please be aware of certain frauds or misinformation regarding recruitment advertising on behalf of Thiess. We never ask for any payments whatsoever from applicants or candidates during the recruitment process. We never ask applicants or candidates to use specific travel agent services to make arrangements for transportation and accommodation during the recruitment process.