Our people are central to our success.
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential.
Join our team of industry leaders – because with us, your skills, knowledge and experience will make a difference to the benefit of our clients, communities and project partners.
With a history since 1934, Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities in leading commodities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Every day, we optimise the mining lifecycle to create lasting value.
Thiess has been providing total mining solutions at Melak Coal Mine Project in the East Kalimantan, Indonesia.
About the role
The Engineer Mining provides competent and professional short term mine planning while promoting and maintaining a healthy and safe environment for everyone at work. Reporting to the Senior Engineer Mining and based on site on a 6/3 roster, you will work collaboratively towards delivering high quality solutions and result.
Some of your duties will include:
- Evaluate and analyse project performance data related to productivity, cost & safety utilising company’s standard systems in order to ensure data reliability
- Contribute to the development of the short term detailed mine execution plans to integrate with the mining operations;
- Contribute to monitor and coordinate engineering activities to ensure efficient production of engineering plans to meet contract program requirements;
- Analyse and identify engineering problems in order to propose solutions and expedite actions regarding the client agreement where necessary;
- Review client plans and requests to ensure the requirements defined are incorporated in the works and the responsibilities allocated under the project quality system and understood and implemented;
- Prepare data for the progress claim report to be reviewed by the Engineering Superintendent;
- Collect data related to subcontractor performance in order to prepare summary reports required for the project;
- Support and cooperate with site survey team in order to analyse progress surveys and haul profile surveys;
- Coaching and mentoring of graduate mining engineers, and technical assistants in order to provide technical support;
- Involve as part of team member to implement the OHS and Quality as per government and Thiess standard.
What skills and experience do you need?
- Minimum of Bachelor degree of Mining Engineering with minimum of 5 years’ experience in open pit coal mining operation, previous experience at a mine site preferred and minimum 3 years’ experience in similar role as Engineer Mining / ShortTerm;
- Proficient in mining principles, mine design concepts & operations in both coal, mine operation regulatory requirements; Proficient in geological modelling, proven skills in Mine Scheduling tools utilising software such as Minescape, Xpac, Talpac will be an advantage; possess government certification of POP (Pratama Competency Test);
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, good analytical, responsible and adaptable; Excellent communication skills in English both verbal and written; and computer literate.
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision: everyone matters always.
Through this vision, we will build a community where respect, value and thoughtfulness toward each person will underpin their ability to bring their full self to work because here they will be empowered, safe and included.
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to make the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role please follow the below link. Applications close on May 14th, 2021.
Please be aware of certain frauds or misinformation regarding recruitment advertising on behalf of Thiess. We never ask for any payments whatsoever from applicants or candidates during the recruitment process. We never ask applicants or candidates to use specific travel agent services to make arrangements for transportation and accommodation during the recruitment process.