Our people are central to our success.
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential.
Join our team of industry leaders – because with us, your skills, knowledge and experience will make a difference to the benefit of our clients, communities and project partners.
With a history since 1934, Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities in leading commodities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Every day, we optimise the mining lifecycle to create lasting value.
Thiess has a long journey of more than 30 years in Indonesia providing mining services for various projects and clients with support facilities in Balikpapan including workshops and training centre.
About the role
The Superintendent Mining will co-ordinate all mining supervisors in the workplace of the removal of overburden/inter burden and also implementation of healthy and safe environment for everyone at work. Reporting to the Project Manager and based on GBU Coal Mine Project on a 4/2 roster, you will work collaboratively towards delivering high quality solutions and results.
Some of your duties will include:
- To co-ordinate all mining supervisors in the workplace of the removal of overburden/inter burden in a safe, effective manner on time and within budget in a designated area.
- Ensure the selection of projects that match objectives of Business Plan by ensuring risks in tender and contract conditions are recognised and accounted for.
- Plan, direct, monitor and reconcile the technical aspect of the mining operations including daily, short to long term (annual) plans, operational performance, blast design and sequencing, rehabilitation, drainage and road design, to assist in achieving agreed production targets.
- Familiar with the current Mine Plan and future deployment of equipment within area of responsibility.
What skills and experience do you need?
- Senior High School or Graduate from Tertiary Degree in Mine Engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum of 7 years previous experience in a similar role experience in large open cut mining operation of which at least one or two years in production/service supervision/ management role.
- Technical expertise
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision: everyone matters always.
Through this vision, we will build a community where respect, value and thoughtfulness toward each person will underpin their ability to bring their full self to work because here they will be empowered, safe and included.
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to make the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role please follow the below link. Applications close on 25 June, 2021.
Please be aware of certain frauds or misinformation regarding recruitment advertising on behalf of Thiess. We never ask for any payments whatsoever from applicants or candidates during the recruitment process. We never ask applicants or candidates to use specific travel agent services to make arrangements for transportation and accommodation during the recruitment process.